Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Gpu Performance In-depth

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

<a href="http://www.techspot.com/article/255-bat ... rformance/" target="_blank">What you need to run the game</a>
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Hammer wrote: <a href="http://www.techspot.com/article/255-bat ... rformance/" target="_blank">What you need to run the game</a>
Hmm... I'm definitely going to need to upgrade from my GT 7900 then... :unsure:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Slatz
GSV Regular

Post by Slatz »

Looks like my whole rig will need a dose of looking at. Radeon X1650 not even on the scale.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Slatz wrote: Looks like my whole rig will need a dose of looking at. Radeon X1650 not even on the scale.
Thought you were already running it? You said in another thread you were just installing the updates. Are you saying that it's not working at all because of the spec of your graphics card?
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Slatz
GSV Regular

Post by Slatz »

It works at about 20fps. Too jerky for my ancient eyes.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Slatz wrote: It works at about 20fps. Too jerky for my ancient eyes.
Single player ain't so good, but online, is very good. I don't think your Radeon X1650 is worse than my Geforce GT7900 is it?

You've possibly done this, but give your HDD a dose of defrag and <a href="http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html" target="_blank">SuperAntiSpyware</a>.

Also, in the server browser I don't get the pings anymore... just a dash... so the only way I can tell a good server is if it doesn't lag when I start playing. :huh:

Anybody know how or where to enter a specific IP address for a server?

I was a medic, but apparently without medikits... dunno why?

So many questions... this game has replaced BF2 for me, just as BF2 did BF:V... awesome, just awesome...
Last edited by Claw on Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Claw wrote: I was a medic, but apparently without medikits... dunno why?

you have to play as a medic and when you have enough points you will unlock the medkit
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

Wondering how it will run on my rig atm...
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Thane wrote: Wondering how it will run on my rig atm...
Should run ok with a 4870 :2t:
Slatz
GSV Regular

Post by Slatz »

Claw, you were right. On-line much better.

I have now found my role in life as a target. And test subject for medics to practice revival skills.
Thane
Advanced Member

Post by Thane »

lol Slatz
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Slatz wrote: Claw, you were right. On-line much better.

I have now found my role in life as a target. And test subject for medics to practice revival skills.
That's exactly how I started off too... my mistake has been playing CS:S over the past few weeks and the 'thinking' aspect of my gaming atrophied somewhat...

Honestly, once you start getting better weapons and to be more observant, your gaming experience multiplies exponentially.

Working in and as a squad makes a world of difference. Just give me the orders and I'll be there... :th: