Micromen

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Any one else watch this the other night?

I caught it on Iplayer last night.
Bought back loads of memories, including the fact that I bought a Beeb purely for playing Elite on.

Aaaah, school afternoons, swapping prog cassettes on the way home...

I thought it was brilliant, showed us brits at what we do best, getting in first with the best ideas, then screwing up production and quality....

:hb:
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I fell in love with a game called "The Swamp" for the ZX81. It was on the 'B' side if the cassette for Sorcerers Island.

At the time I would play it on my brother's ZX81 until I was using it so much that I bought my own within a few weeks.

My oh my, how games and computers have changed. I can't say, even with the beast I have under the hood of my machine now, that I enjoy games now with all their capabilities that as much as I did then. Aye, they were innocent days.

I've still got my ZX81, BBC B, and my first 286 with 3MB HDD and TWO floppy drives. Love'em... :wub:

You've just had me spend an hour wandering around the web looking for a ZX81 online game... no joy though sadly... <_<
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

emulators and loads of zx stuff here.... <a href="http://www.zx81.nl/dload/" target="_blank">http://www.zx81.nl/dload/</a>
including Swamp
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richie
GSV Regular

Post by Richie »

Always remember loading a game to a certain point, stopping the tape and then loading up "POKES" for cheats on he ol' Speccy :D
Life - Its the **** that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come...