Warhammer

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Anyone play or played it in the past?

Since moving in with the Mother in law while the house is being built, I've found a couple of other time wasting initiatives because huddling over the laptop for too long is doing my eyes and back in.
Having said that, painting these blasted tiny things is not doing a lot for them either....
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Played it before the daughter was born then sold it all. Good game if you have the Money to buy the stuff and a Warhammer Club to play at. I played the Fantasy one not the 40k High Elves and Dark Elves. I always got my mate to paint them as it's too damn hard.
Rasputin

ImageImage
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I've got a sizable Blood Angel Army, Blood Bowl Team, and some randoms that I just wanted to paint..
Also got a handful of early model marine armour types, some GD only models and a few other rare ones, need to find a decent way to strip the paint off some of the rarer ones and flog the lot tbh as I dont do owt with them anymore, havent in in well over 10 years..
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

straight detergent soaking overnight should clean them up.

It's my daughter that got me back into it. Bought her the battle for skull pass set so we could play
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I got into it back in the late 80's, had an Annual camp at RAF Church Fenton, many nights were spent playing Space Hulk, from there I went into 40k and then just painting as I found I got more from that than playing, especially when they started changing the rules...
I was a fair hand at painting back in the day, used to get the youger kids that used to come down to the shop on a thursday bribing me in chips and pies to paint there stuff for them :lol:
Then I found beer and women and kinda lost interest from there :D
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Well I started. Most of the common bits are getting a quick coat of paint, just to make them worth playing with. Spending a little more time with the champions etc.

found this link on youtube.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDB6Ps3dvuU" target="_blank">Linky</a>

Just goes to show you what can be achieved without any expensive kit.
Helluva lot of skill there as well mind.
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.