Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

lol, love the sitting on the wings of the planes :lol: :lol:
Richie
GSV Regular

Post by Richie »

Looks like fun :)

Call me sceptical about the free thing tho... I can see it being like ogame. Free to play but pay for enhancements
Life - Its the **** that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come...
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

From what I have heard and read, you're right Richie. I think that you need to pay for new weapons and outfits and the like. I do like however that you can only play against ppl with the same rank/skill level as yourself. Saying that after the first two weeks I would never again be able to play along side you lot :(
Rasputin

ImageImage
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

<!--QuoteBegin-Lead Dev for BF Heroes+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lead Dev for BF Heroes)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Character Classes, Cameras, and Computers Mar 7

Ben Cousins
James Salt, Lead Designer

Hello Heroes,

James Salt here, Lead Designer for Battlefield Heroes. Ben is away this week, so I am going to be continuing the story of how we made the game. This week I’m going to be talking about our character classes and the 3rd person camera.

When I joined the team we started talking about what character classes we wanted. In previous Battlefield games you were a soldier who picked up a kit and assumed that role. For Heroes we wanted to take a different slant on that idea. We wanted you to own your Hero. First up, we started by thinking of all the heroic characters from old war movies, and what kind of things made them unique. After a couple of days trapped in a meeting room, we came up with these:

1. That sneaky sniper character you never see coming
2. The good all-round leader who seems to have a 6th sense about what the enemy is doing.
3. The big and reliable fellow who’s always got the big gun and seems to be able to absorb bullets.

Mad design scribblings about Heroes
Mad design scribblings about Heroes

These archetypes were the starting point for the classes in Battlefield Heroes. The Sneaky Sniper became the Commando class. The all-round leader became the Soldier class, and the bullet absorber became the Gunner class.

The unique abilities each class has in Heroes are also based around the archetypes. For example the Soldier’s ability to ‘See enemy Soldiers’ is to give that class a feeling of having a 6th sense.

While the work on the classes was happening I got an text message from Ben, who was away again. It read, “We should try 3rd person cameras.â€
Rasputin

ImageImage
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

looks like my kind of thing..