F1 To Return To Bbc

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

I'm pleased to say that F1 is returning next season to the BBC.

<a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 306123.stm" target="_blank">http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 123.stm</a>

I always felt that BBC's coverage of the F1 was good and when it went to ITV it lost something.

I don't really bother to watch it closely anymore, whether thats because of the coverage or just a change in family life , ie "kids" i dont know but all I know is I dont watch it that much.

Perhaps coming back to the BBC will bring back what it used to have for me
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Hmm seems like there is more to this than meets the eye. I was gutted when F1 went to ITV, like most people I don't like the ad' breaks. I like the broadcasting team and the coverage as it is now.
I can't believe it's been 12 years since the BBC broadcast F1. It would be good for them to come back with "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac as the title music like they did in the old days.
madman045
GSV Regular

Post by madman045 »

Again it will be nice to see on the BBC, I stopped watching F1 when it moved to ITV, sick of more adverts then coverage!
<a href="http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/madman045" target="_blank">Image</a>
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

I think the ITV coverage is 1st class. Far better than the bumblings of Murray Walker. Likeable fool he may have been, but not for the serious F1 fan.

I can understand why many people turned off when it moved to ITV as it became more hardcore. But I like F1 and I just hope the BBC will treat it seriously this time.
0lderama
Advanced Member

Post by 0lderama »

Clingy wrote: I think the ITV coverage is 1st class. Far better than the bumblings of Murray Walker. Likeable fool he may have been, but not for the serious F1 fan.

I can understand why many people turned off when it moved to ITV as it became more hardcore. But I like F1 and I just hope the BBC will treat it seriously this time.

i totally agree with clingy
when it was on the BBC thecoverage wasnt as good i think it had run its course on there and ITV was a breath of fresh air for the coverage.I know ITV cocked up at first with ad breaks at important moments but they sorted it out
Martin Brundle is excellent and i hope he moves across but considering what he has said over the past season i feel that mr ecclestone wont allow him :angry:

Also a rumour that richard hammond would be the anchor that i could live with but for gods sake dont dig up murry there are plenty of ex drivers to do the job(damon hill,brundle,schumacher even)

lets hope it works eh? :2t: