Lol @ Piratebay

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

The Pirate Bay To Sue Entertainment Companies For Attacks
from the could-get-interesting dept

Well, this could get interesting. Following the leak of MediaDefender's emails, the folks behind The Pirate Bay now believe they have enough evidence to sue many major entertainment firms for "infrastructural sabotage, denial of service attacks, hacking and spamming." Basically, there's evidence in the emails that a bunch of firms, including Universal, EMI, Sony, Paramount and others were using MediaDefender to try to mess with The Pirate Bay's system. Whether or not the lawsuit actually goes anywhere may depend on a lot of factors (including Swedish laws, which I am totally unfamiliar with). There may be some questions about how the emails in question were obtained. And, of course, the entertainment companies will likely counter that they were just trying to protect their own materials -- which could find a sympathetic ear in a courtroom. Either way it would be quite a lawsuit.
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

In a Swedish court they could actually make progress against the likes of R.I.A.A., The evidence from mediadefenser is admissable in a Swedish court because PirateBay didnt steal it, they just obtained it from another source.

Good news, now I think torrent sites should get together and start up their own ISP's for the purposes of sharing content with everyone.

The way I see it in days of old when knights were bold and women were glad of it musicians and actors were lucky to earn the money for a meal a day let alone anything else. All musicians and actors should be made to work for a bloody living like the rest of us. Record companies should not exist at all unless to simply distribute material for a minimum fee.

Ok im done, for now.