Bye Bye

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Just rode my RS to a guys house and in exchange I got a nice tasty envelope full of cash :) (Hardly lost any of my original buying price).

Put it in the local rag to test the water on whether it'd sell...........phones rung off the hook the very first day :)
Didn't even get chance to wash it ! oh well not to worry.

Now time to fit in my theory and direct access as soon as I can fit it round work.

I'm rambling now but i'm gonna miss that revvy girl :)
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

Yep, very sought after, the RS's.

Get looking for a nice SV 650 now :)

I've got a mate who's selling her monster 695 at the moment.

Based in london but i'm sure she'll be willing to travel. She's hot too :)
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

...I'd just like to point out here Andrew... that the tubing on that thing is PINK !!

Also... remember I mentioned about the bike rack for a ZZR6... I found it last night whilst searching for a battery charger for a mate... shout me if you know anyone... will be cheapppp :)

gl with the search... an SV650 is probably still your best option bud
Hippy
GSV Regular

Post by Hippy »

It's Red, not pink, colourblind old man.
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Thanks guys :)

I've got to get the car mot'd first and do my theory ! Car just failed its test... doh ! time for new shocker and I might even wash it :P
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

I would still say get a Monster , Whilst SV,s are great starter bikes there pig ugly and bland as boiled rice but as I've said before I'm biased :D
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Screwy wrote: I would still say get a Monster , Whilst SV,s are great starter bikes there pig ugly and bland as boiled rice but as I've said before I'm biased :D
You forgot to mention that the SV will spend a lot more time clocking up the miles while the Duke is at the dealers getting fixed! Anything italian built looks nice but is crap.
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Hammer wrote: You forgot to mention that the SV will spend a lot more time clocking up the miles while the Duke is at the dealers getting fixed! Anything Italian built looks nice but is crap.

There's a post on the <a href="http://www.ducati851and888.com/showthread.php?t=25" target="_blank">851/888 forums</a> from a guy with a 92 851 that's done 100,000 km with nothing bar basic parts and maintenance , The only problems I've had with mine is worn starter motor brushes (replaced them myself £23.00) and a coolant pipe blowing off (New aluminium section made with lip to hold hose on) I've been on rideouts with up to 60 Ducatis in the group and the only bike that I can remember breaking down was a Suzuki GSXF-750 :rolleyes: and me when I discovered my starter motor bushes where worn :blush: 25 years a go then yes I would agree that they left a lot to be desired (and my bike is 18 years old :D ) but modern Dukes are in a different league .
Stocky
Advanced Member

Post by Stocky »

Hammer wrote: ...... Anything italian built looks nice but is crap.
Hawk & I would agree with that about the Italians.:) :P