Bsb Knockhill

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Ducati Glasgow are running a VIP tent at Knockhill in Scotland this weekend so ticket purchased and bike checked over :bk: First ever visit to Knockhill for me and the first time I've actually ever been to watch British Superbikes at a track , Should get a good view and some decent pics seeing as the tent is only feet from the track :D
[attachmentid=114]
Last edited by Screwy on Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

n1 sounds like fun :D
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Should be a great day out Screwy.
Last race I was at had Rocket Ron and Trevor Nation riding the Norton rotary things. It was Brands Hatch, got p155ed through on the way home.

Have a super day Screwy.

Nells :gsv:
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

Screwy... get near the hairpin just before the star finish :) It's a fantastic track to ride... so they say.. but awful to view from..
Hope you have a great w/e bud
tc
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Not a problem Turtle , The Ducati enclosure is right on the hairpin :hb: Martin the owner of Ducati Glasgow runs evening trackdays there during the summer so probably bagged the best spot to set up :D
Richie
GSV Regular

Post by Richie »

oi oi, just up the road from me is Knockhill (well an hour)

Shame I gotta work all weekend... Screwy's one of them ppl I'd like to meet but never have :(

Hope the weather holds out but, as they say, "if it aint raining at Knockhill, give it 10 minutes" :lol:
Life - Its the **** that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come...
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Damn I completely forgot you where up that way Richie :( Not to worry I think I'm doing the Ducati up North midgy masher run in August so will be up for two days at least , I'm sure we can sort something out ;)
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

hope you're enjoying the inFAMOUS Northern weather Screwy :)

Richie... Screwy even makes me looks young bud ;)

enjoi the w/e
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

My mates been up in scotland last 2 weeks and has said it's been pretty sunny :lol: typical
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Richie wrote: as they say, "if it aint raining at Knockhill, give it 10 minutes" :lol:
<div align="left">To bloody true :rolleyes:

Set of at 4:00am :eek: Sunday morning , funnily enough it was raining :D Forgot about the pipe work their doing on the A65 ie large lorry's leaving mud every where and had the front and back wheels slide out on a patch of mud on a left hand bend , in my defense it was raining so hard the water was running down inside my visor and I didn't see the mud until I hit it , managed to stay on but had to change into my spare clean underpants :blush:
Also forgot that you cant cross cattle grids in the wet with the bike even 1 degree lent over , no spare underpants so went commando :blush: Then on the A74M plodding along at 70-80 mph minding my own business and a bloody great heron takes off from the outside lane 10 feet in front of me , Did you know herons had blue eyes ? I managed a quick look before I shut mine :whis: Fortunately it sailed over the top of me .

Arrived at Knockhill and promptly got sent the wrong way for the Ducati Glasgow tent , The slow pace of traffic and constant stop starts had the bike over heating and eventually it blew a coolant hose off so I had to dump it miles from the VIP tent :angry: Had a great time watching the racing but god did it rain , spent a good part of the day waiting for the track to be cleared of standing water but watching the BSB guys hammering down to the hairpin at 175mph + then breaking to 45mph to get round the hairpin in the wet was awe inspiring plus Leon Haslam (Yep Rocket Ron's lad Nelly ) managed to get Ducati a third place in the first race and a second place in the second race so I went home happy :)

The ride home was wet and standing water around blind bends on the A65 in the dark meant progress was slow but I arrived home tired and stiff a good 2 hours later than I thought I would but thoroughly enjoyed myself .</div>
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Hehe, sounds like quite an adventure Screwy.

I did watch the races on the telly. Great racing action, especially the second race. I was glued to the telly start to end. I remembered some of those names from when I was really into it. Sean Emmett, Chris Walker and a few others, they must be nearing 40 by now.

Must watch the next leg.

Nelly
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Good stuff m8 :)
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Take more underwear next time.....