Ati/steam Freebies

General Gaming News
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Valve announces free bonuses for owners of ATI Radeon accelerators:
May 30, 2007 - Valve®, a leading entertainment and technology studio, today announced plans to deliver free games to all owners of ATI Radeon™ graphics cards via Steam, a leading online platform for the distribution and management of digital content.

Effective immediately, all owners of ATI Radeon graphics cards may receive a free copy of Half-Life® 2: Lost Coast and Half-Life 2: Deathmatch via Steam, <a href="http://www.steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/" target="_blank">http://www.steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/</a>. Steam will automatically confirm the presence of ATI Radeon™ hardware and then enable immediate access to full versions of the games free of charge.

For added convenience to new purchasers of ATI Radeonâ„¢ products, Steam will be included in all ATI Catalystâ„¢ Software and Driver packages through early 2008.

And, as recently announced by AMD, customers who purchase the new ATI RadeonT HD 2900 XT will also receive, upon release via Steam, the highly anticipated trio of new games coming from Valve: Team Fortress® 2, Portal™, and Half-Life 2: Episode Two.

Some conditions apply. Customers will be required to download and install the Steam software, and will require an Internet connection.

For more information, please visit <a href="http://www.steamgames.com" target="_blank"><!--coloro:#000066--><span style="color:#000066"><!--/coloro-->www.steamgames.com <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> </a><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I've had a quick look on the news page but can't find any info yet! H

EDIT: <a href="http://www.steampowered.com/ati_offer1a/" target="_blank">Offer</a>
Last edited by Hammer on Thu May 31, 2007 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

So would you be able to download it on a machine with a Radeon Gfx and then install it on a machine with an Nvidia Gfx?
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Already got them both...
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

Eagle wrote: So would you be able to download it on a machine with a Radeon Gfx and then install it on a machine with an Nvidia Gfx?
I'd like to know that aswell, I presume that if you use the same steam account then you'd at least have them unlocked. just wonder whether you'd be able to play.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Yeah but if you already have HL2 you can get those two games for free anyway... :rolleyes:

I suppose the offer is okay because you get HL2 & HL2:Ep1 half price... Is HL2: Episode 1 any good? Is it a big add-on? :unsure:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

I don't have HL2 :P
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Myocardial Infarction wrote: I don't have HL2 :P
Burn him... :huh:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dakaras
GSV Regular

Post by Dakaras »

Claw wrote: Burn him... :huh:
Better chuck me on same fire ;)
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

I'm just getting them now and it actually states that once you have downloaded them you can play them on any computer :)