New Patch This Week

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

We are verifying the upcoming PC patch and making sure it is good to go. We are aiming to get this patch out the week of Dec 2. Right now, we don’t have a set date for it, but here’s what it will include. Stay tuned for more updates in the Battlefield 4 Control Room.

PC Game Update Notes
-Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks
-Fixed the audio bug where audio sometimes randomly dropped out while playing on certain multiplayer maps (typically Golmud Railway and Hainan Resort)
-Fixed the "one-hit kill bug" where occasionally damage from a single bullet was applied multiple times
- Fixed a common crash that would occur when exiting from the Single Player Campaign to Main Menu
-Tweaked the network and computer performance screen to show proper values. Players can now test their computer and network connection and get recommendations if they need to adjust something to improve their gameplay experience.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

New map pack China Rising is out now. 4.5g download.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

R15 Patch out now.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->R15 Server Update Notes
-Various server side crash fixes, including the top seen crashes on R14
-Activated the reservedSlotsList.aggressiveJoin command that enables VIP players and server administrators directly joining full servers <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Dec 9 PC Game Update Notes
Shot behind cover when changing stance
Sometimes the character stance could get into a multiple frame desync and be part of the problem where you got shot even though your character was actually behind cover. This would mostly affect players doing transitions into crouch and prone as well as moving when crouched. The impact was smaller in a standing stance. This bug fix eliminates this particular desync issue.

We have also increased the camera height when crouching and moving to more accurately reflect the actual height of your soldier in that stance (the first person camera was too low when crouching and moving, resulting in that you had a poor representation of how much of your soldier that was actually out of cover.)

-Fixed one of the most frequently occurring client crashes
-Fixed broken collision on containers with open doors. The bug previously made grenades bounce back even though the doors were open.
-Fixed a bug in Defuse mode where defenders could win the round by killing all the attackers without disarming the bomb, if the bomb was disarmed in the previous round.
-Miscellaneous stability fixes further reducing the number of client crashes
-Fixed side gunner jitter when aiming in attack boats & transport helicopters
-Fixed some instances of frame rate drops when shooting at large Levolution objects after they have been destroyed (like the radar dish on Rogue Transmission)
-Fixed broken aiming for passengers on the China Rising dirt bike
-Fixed a bug where the sound when capturing a flag was not playing correctly
-Removed a bug that would double save during MP round transition and SP level transition. This fix will reduce the occurrence of corrupted save files. <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

900mb download. :)
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

December 16th

The game update for PC is now live. Please read down below for change notes.

We’ve rolled out a new PC game update and will continue to make improvements based on your feedback. The update includes fixes with the aim to increase the general stability of the game, and eliminates bugs that you may have experienced. It also includes an improvement to the so-called “Netcodeâ€
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

The patch has flickering textures for SLI & CF users. Nice one DICE!
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

i think were going to get a free dog tag set soon.

Beta tester: because we have all been playing a paid for beta
Bandwidth abuser: because we have done over 5gb in patches

the game will never end, because it will never be finished
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

So, I'm not missing a great deal so far then no?
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Trig wrote: So, I'm not missing a great deal so far then no?
No you are not mate. The GFX & Sound are awesome in the game if your PC can handle it.
The Game was rushed to market to be released before COD Ghosts, probably EA's instructions.
Bugs in the game that need fixing. Each patch fixes some issues but introduces new ones.

The latest patch has borked the game for all SLI & Crossfire users with the terrible terrain flickering. You would have thought that DICE would test their patches on a decent gaming rig before release, but no they didn't. This is the worst patch ever released and DICE don't give a F#ck!

DICE say they are aware of the issue and have fixed it, but will not issue the fix until the next patch!

I'm glad I don't suffer from Epilepsy as the new patch would bring that on quicker than a strobe light. I'm just waiting for someone in America to sue them. It's going to happen. BF4 caused me to have a fit and I fell off my seat and now I can't work blah, blah, blah.

Somebody at DICE needs to be taken outside and shot!
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

this is a draw back of not having our own server and being forced to use origin.

in past versions of bf, if their patch was a bad un we could have rolled the server and our games back to the previous version, got no chance of that now.

i think shooting him is a bit harsh hammer, perhaps super glue some shutter glasses on him so always gets constant flickering, that would teach him a lesson.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

No mate shooting is the only option. They don't seem bothered about their customers! :tank:
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Patch out tomorrow, 20th Dec to fix flickering.

Glad as playing is giving me a bad head at the moment.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

You seen the new amd drivers, there's a flicker fix for xfire users in there as well..
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Trig wrote: You seen the new amd drivers, there's a flicker fix for xfire users in there as well..
No I haven't mate. I'm using the 13.11 beta 8 at the moment and the drivers themselves seem fine. If there are no other improvements for BF4 I'll just update the game today.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »