Second Assault Expansion Pack Premium Dlc

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

If you are a Premium owner you get the Second Assault Expansion Pack for free.

This Premium expansion pack will feature four of the most fan-favorite maps from Battlefield 3, redesigned to take advantage of our advanced Frostbite 3 engine and enhanced to include new multiplayer features from Battlefield 4.

KEY FEATURES

4 fan-favorite maps redesigned with the power of Frostbite 3
- Operation Metro 2014
- Caspian Border 2014
- Gulf of Oman 2014
- Operation Firestorm 2014
5 weapons re-mastered for Battlefield 4
Dune Buggy (DPV) vehicle makes its return to the Battlefield
Capture the Flag game mode
10 new assignments with their own unlocks
Available to Battlefield 4 Premium members 2 weeks early

There is a youtube fan video with a bit more info <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozlehCXVYco" target="_blank">here</a>
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

good, glad were getting metro, i hope they haven't made a pigs ear of it. wake island was a disappointment after they re did that for bf3.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

How's the patch situation now, shit fixed?
Compo
Advanced Member

Post by Compo »

Still getting random crashes. Also getting sound loss - usually when using an ATV. Performance still nothing like as smooth as it should be but certainly more playable than when it was first released....
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

So I'm not missing much then...

How's sticks going?
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Compo wrote: Still getting random crashes. Also getting sound loss - usually when using an ATV. Performance still nothing like as smooth as it should be but certainly more playable than when it was first released....
If someone bought this and wanted their money back, would they get it? :unsure:

I was having a serious think about gethng it and so had a look around as to what different forums are saying about it. The more and more I read, I really wonder why people are bothering. The reasoning of those in favour of it sounds more like the way some beaten wives/girlfriends reason... "Oh, he'll change soon". :(

Some of us have been with the BF series since the beginning, but with each release the promises got bigger, and so did the bugs and hype. I just want to fire up my system and feel confident that I'm going to have a few hours of loonacy, the fun kind, and not the kind that involves pulling your hair out because of a major developer fail. :unsure:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Not 100% sure but I read that if you purchase via Origin you can get your money back but if you buy else where you are screwed!

Yes there are problems with the game but they are been addressed. The game was pushed to beat the COD release. I hope EA actually learn from this but we had the same problems with BF3 and prior releases.

I've told myself that I'm not going to pre order BF5 due to BF4 release problems, but in 2 years time I'll have long forgotten about them.

Best stick to Scrabble mate!
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L90DibXzunI#t=496" target="_blank">BF4 Metro map on Xbox video</a>
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Hammer wrote: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L90DibXzunI#t=496" target="_blank">BF4 Metro map on Xbox video</a>
Even though it's the console version demonstrated there, the additional features such as burning grass and collapsible ceilings with lighting effects is quite impressive. Makes a huge difference knowing that they have been thinking about some of the more tactical nuances needed in these types of games.

If I'd have bought BF 3 and learned that the only developments in 4 were aesthetic, I prolly would have skipped 4 and waited for 5, or at least something with major differences. It's been suggested that BF4 is more of a BF 3.5, as so much remains the same.

Scrabble is becoming boring. I've only lost two games since I started playing it online over a year ago.

I need to be awesome at something else now... :D :blush:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Yeah we all said the same thing when bf3 was announced, yet here we are lol..
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

I think BF4 should still be considered a late beta game, although its not sold as such it definitely has so many issues that should be fixed by now for a final release.

The very restrictive beta release we did get to play for a short time had issues that were to be expected and had it been a wider release then more of of the current problems would have come to light and would probably be fixed by now.

on the crash front, 3 pieces of software i use seem to provoke a game crash if i run them the same time as the game, they are:

FRAPS - a newer version should fix this
Firefox - not tested with the last update to firefox so could be fixed now.

And lastly HWINFO, not the sidebar gadget, that's fine but the sideshow addition is definitely more than likely to cause a game crash, only on BF4 though.

In addition to the conflicting software their seems to be more crashes and game issues with some server custom settings what exactly they are I don't know but a custom server appears to be far less stable than a standard server.
Compo
Advanced Member

Post by Compo »

Sticks are good, Trig :2t: I do enjoy the BF4 game but do find it poor that the PC being the original major platform for the BF series is getting the shitty stick. I am sure that the issues will eventually be sorted, but no one can say when. Now that the latest consoles are now closer to PC architecture, we may see better porting, although my gut feeling is the polish of true AAA games on high spec PC's will diminish. I'll give it a month and give it the medal of honour treatment and save some hard drive space. Medal of honour was awful!!
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Compo wrote: Sticks are good, Trig :2t:
I've heard there are going to be some new weapons in BF 4, and I can appreciate them taking into account their aging fan base, but... walking sticks? :unsure: Would this mean that BF 5 will have Zimmers? :blink:
Compo
Advanced Member

Post by Compo »

Claw wrote: I've heard there are going to be some new weapons in BF 4, and I can appreciate them taking into account their aging fan base, but... walking sticks? :unsure: Would this mean that BF 5 will have Zimmers? :blink:
Lol, "senior edition" expansion pack maybe? Myself and Trig are both into Fillipino marshal arts. Rattans are good fun and would make a worthy addition to battlefield and certainly better than the carbon fibre knife upgrade...!
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Ha yeah, I'd get more joy from beating Terry to death than sneaking up behind him and slitting his throat.
Compo just gets twatted on the hands dont you chap ;)
You going to the event in jan?