Bf4 Beta

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Preloading the beta now. Available to play October 1 in UK.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Wasnt preloading, didnt know about it, do now, am preloading lol
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Trig wrote: Wasnt preloading, didnt know about it, do now, am preloading lol
That's why we have the forums mate :2t:
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

When does it go live?

Nevermind, just remoted into home PC and I see you're already playing it :lol:

How long does it last for?
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

The full version has a UK launch date of November 1st .So you have a month to play it.
I've noticed a big hit on FPS compared to BF3. I'm guessing I'm getting 50% - 60% of what I normally get.I'll see what the new ATI cards are like later this month. I may have to treat myself.
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

still not decided.

FPS were ok with the new cats and the game set on auto for the graphics.

The sound seems poor, i have a bit of a cold but even so i expected better than that. Surround sound seems to be in the option but not working. Their were some pretty big lag spikes on the server Terrance and i played on too, again something that will probably be fixed. the 64 player map seems a bit too big, a huge amount of playing area. Not sure how that map will fair in regular play, may well be another map that gets removed from servers fairly quickly. it does look a bit nicer than BF3 in the graphics department. will have another go on it tomorrow but so far it has not won me over enough to buy it.
madman045
GSV Regular

Post by madman045 »

I've dropped mine down from ultra/high to medium/high now and its must more playable using the beta cat's

Still get the odd bit of lag though.
<a href="http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/madman045" target="_blank">Image</a>
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I had a mess about with my config and it didnt seem to make any odds, graphics looked wank eitherway, I presume that high res textures etc will be coming in the final version.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

AMD have released some <a href="http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pa ... river.aspx" target="_blank">BETA</a> drivers which include a BF4 Profile.

I've tried them but they don't seem to make any difference with my cards.

Remember the game is a BETA release so it needs tweaked bug fices etc. Don't make your mind up on this.

For those who haven't pre ordered via Origin like I did. <a href="http://www.simplycdkeys.com/origin/batt ... dlc-bundle" target="_blank">I've just found you can buy a cd key for the game plus the premium pack for £54.99</a>

That's half the price it's going to cost me for the game and premium pack! :angry:
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Not sure if its because its not hardcore, not sure if its because I'm bored of the map, not sure if its the graphics, but the game just seems a bit meh to me, if it wasnt for trying to kill terry I'd of gone back to BF3 last night...

I'm not sure how you managed to spend as much as you did H, I've seen 3 versions of the game, BF4, BF4 Premium and BF4 Digital Deluxe, being the most expensive of those at £54.99 and apparently includes everything...
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Trig wrote: Not sure if its because its not hardcore, not sure if its because I'm bored of the map, not sure if its the graphics, but the game just seems a bit meh to me, if it wasnt for trying to kill terry I'd of gone back to BF3 last night...

I'm not sure how you managed to spend as much as you did H, I've seen 3 versions of the game, BF4, BF4 Premium and BF4 Digital Deluxe, being the most expensive of those at £54.99 and apparently includes everything...
The Premium pack is an add on. It's all the DLC maps that are coming out. You need to purchase this on top of owning the game.
Last edited by Hammer on Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Right, so you need Standard or Digital Deluxe, then Premium on top of that.
Apparently thats the same as it was with BF3, I cant remember tbh...

NOt sure about that site either, seems dodgy to be able to get it that much cheaper...
Last edited by Trig on Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
madman045
GSV Regular

Post by madman045 »

What's everyone getting FPS wise in this?

My FRAPs for a single map on 64 man server

2013-10-06 11:35:49 - bf4
Frames: 71910 - Time: 1801781ms - Avg: 39.911 - Min: 20 - Max: 64

Everything set to Ultra, 2560x1440

Ati 7970 with latest beta drivers
I7 3820 @ 3.9GHz

Game is installed on an M4 SSD

I generally knock it all down to medium for a stutter free experience.
<a href="http://bf3stats.com/stats_pc/madman045" target="_blank">Image</a>
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

The Beta has been patched. Log out of Origin then back in to download. Will check it later.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Yeah I got an update last night, the config has been reset, check your settings folder, theres a bf4 and bf4 beta folder, just copy them over...