Armoured Kill

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Left Origin on all day to download the expansion and it doesn't....

Stupid Program. :boff:

Now I've had to start it manually...
It's a 3Gb expansion....

At least it's DLing at 30Mbps :gsv:
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Didn't have a problem with mine, although BF2 did have some update problems for me.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Mine seemed to update ok, however I have had a few crash to desktops :/
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Opinions?

I like some of the new maps.
Bit disappointed that there are not more new vehicle catagories, though I suppose there is the quad, tank destroyers and rocket truck, but no new aircraft?. would have loved a chinook... or more A10s in games other than rush.

I've never seen a full tank destroyer either, unless we're grouped up, they're all winging around with 1 pob, and everyone else spawns to an empty base with no transport.

Heading off on foot as an engineer is great unless you have not supplies lined up after you've used up your javelins.

Gunship is different, and today's patch should help it last a little longer, though when it base rapes the spawn, it's hell.
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

I think the new maps are best described as traditional BF stuff, more like the original 1942 size of maps and the spread of objectives. I don't think the gunship adds anything useful to the game, its merely an annoyance that must be shot down as soon as possible. Overall i think they are fun to play and an enjoyable addition to the the selection of maps.

I do feel that in some respects The BF series lost its course and tried to be a Call of Duty rival, particularly with closed quarters expansion pack and to a lesser extent Metro and Grand Bizarre Armoured Kill seems like a welcome return to the games true origins.

I sizeable thumbs up from me.