Massive Battlefield 3 Update Goes Live June 4-5

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

We are very happy to present the contents of our next Battlefield 3 game update! This is a big one, rolling out June 4-5. Read on for the full details, including a solution to the M26 dart issue, reduced suppression, and the introduction of colorblind support on console.

The next Battlefield 3 update goes live June 4-5 on all formats. As usual, the period between the last update and this upcoming one has been spent listening to our community, tweaking parameters, balancing performance, and eliminating issues that we have found with your help. In short, the June update will make sure Battlefield 3 plays even better.

The full June update change list is featured below. Changes are valid across all platforms (PC, PlayStation3, and Xbox 360) unless stated otherwise. The schedule for this update is:
PC and Xbox 360 worldwide: June 4th
PlayStation 3 in Japan/Asia: June 5th
PlayStation 3 in all other regions: June 4th

How to download the June update on your platform
PC: As soon as you start your Origin client, the latest game update will automatically start downloading (unless you’ve disabled the option “Automatically keep my games up to dateâ€
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

So, what on that list actually improves realism or is it just a case of changing things to suit the people that moan the loudest?
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

a quick look down the list and its another whiners update.

should be a separate server con-fig, original (how weapons were on release)
and whining bitch mode for the moaners.

Shame they pander to a few instead of getting the hacking sorted out once and for all !!!
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Perhaps it'll sort my probs, but I don't think so...
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Well downloaded and installed. Running ok

I also paid for the Premium pack as I would have bought the expansion packs separately any way. Everything seemed to go ok and I'm trying for new assignments but it's the new maps the interest me.

Battlelog looks different just need to get use to it.
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

immediately available to play stuff, like right now?
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Hate to admit, I'd probably end up buying all the expansion packs as well. Any idea how much each would be?

And I hate having content such as assignments I can't do...

Dammit, They've got me. I either give up playing or get niggled.

One thing. Since the update, I can't select half the options from the MP menu, such as number of free spaces or even hardcore only.....
Thats a pain
EDIT: Seems to only be on chrome. IE works OK.
Solved: seems to be Avast interfering....

Another bug? Can't we queue anymore? I tried to join Nelly this morning and just got a server full message.
Reduced to sitting here hit reconnect every second... Thats pants...
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Vomit wrote: immediately available to play stuff, like right now?
Well you can do the Premium assignments now.
Dangerous Bob wrote: One thing. Since the update, I can't select half the options from the MP menu, such as number of free spaces or even hardcore only.....
Thats a pain
EDIT: Seems to only be on chrome. IE works OK.
Solved: seems to be Avast interfering....

Another bug? Can't we queue anymore? I tried to join Nelly this morning and just got a server full message.
Reduced to sitting here hit reconnect every second... Thats pants...
What was the Avast problem as I'm using Avast Internet Security.

Don't know about the queue yet I'll keep any eye out for it.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

On the server options section, where you chooses region, server size, game type etc, I was unable to select any of the check boxes.
I then disabled the AV, restarted Battlelog and it was fine.

Since then I've let the AV back on, and Battlelog has behaved itself, so perhaps it wasn't that.
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

I use the windows av ms security essentials and all is fine.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Whats the consensus then, we buying the premium pack, bit that irks me is already got the Limited Edition and some of the packs that we would be paying for aren't even out yet, what is there to say that 6 months down the line they release a Gold Edition with a few things in it we already have and then a few extra bits to tempt us in.

Hows about fix the fucking game we already have before they start trying to ship other bits out of the door and get people to pay for things that they cant have for a few months..
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Do as I did

Stop playing :)
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Dangerous Bob wrote: On the server options section, where you chooses region, server size, game type etc, I was unable to select any of the check boxes.
I then disabled the AV, restarted Battlelog and it was fine.

Since then I've let the AV back on, and Battlelog has behaved itself, so perhaps it wasn't that.
I had that myself on my first log in. Didn't touch Avast at all. Next log in all seems back to normal.