Bf3 Probs

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Mik
Advanced Member

Post by Mik »

I know you said you already tried running both exe's as admin but i believe i had this problem and fixed it by actually changing the exe's properties in the "compatability" tab at the bottom you can set the priveledge level run as admin...I think that sorted it but i had to do it on both the bf3 and origin exe.
Also make sure you have it allowed through your router.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Mik wrote: I know you said you already tried running both exe's as admin but i believe i had this problem and fixed it by actually changing the exe's properties in the "compatability" tab at the bottom you can set the priveledge level run as admin...I think that sorted it but i had to do it on both the bf3 and origin exe.
Also make sure you have it allowed through your router.
Mik could be on to something there, everything you've said points to it being privilege related. I couldn't think why a hardware issue would just affect software privileges.

Have a go at Superantispyware and then Malwarebytes. The first one will find something to clean out and improve general performance, and the second one looks for anything more menacing.

Avoid registry cleaners, etc, like you would a Dremel teeth clean.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

This is all good stuff. But still no joy.
Have port forwarded all ports listed for Origin/BF3, turned all firewalls etc. on the router off as well.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Revo uninstalled orgin, deep cleaned and reinstalled with admin rights, still no joy.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

What about your own windows account setting? Are you definitely an Administrator and not just a Power User, or something else? On saying that, you wouldn't be able to install something as an Administrator if that wasn't the case... :unsure:

It's defininately your own account you're logged into, you haven't logged in as one of the youngsters as part of some auto login?

Have you changed something recently in your Parental Controls for the youngsters which may also be affecting your account?

Do you use OpenDNS or similar to control internet access and it is blocking your use of online gaming?

Turn off your 733T H4X... :D
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Only account on PC, and it is def admin.
Also tried creating another admin account to no avail.

No, don't use Open DNS.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Looks like I might have cracked it.....

Read on one of the many useless forums to turn UAC on and then off.
So, turned UAC on, up to the highest setting, rebooted and then found that I could n'y even open folders without an error message popping up. Not the normal UAC message, but a red cross job.

So I then rebooted into safe mode (with networking) with a sinking feeling that I'd made things worse.
But once in safe mode, I was able to turn UAC off again, and thought I'd try to install BF3 off the disc just for giggles.

At present it seems to be installing fine. Will let you know.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

OK it installs and updates, but it won't open the battle log with the admin error again.

But now it's installed, I'll go back to the start and retry all the old solutions again.

Keeps me out of the pub anyway....
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

You are having a nightmare with this. Have you tried something like Yamisoft Windows 7 manager or Tune Up Utilities to check for Windows errors?
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

You got a spare drive laying about?

Maybe just drop a quick install on it and try that, if it doesnt work you can stick your other drive back in and you've lost nothing.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

I've empptied a SATA 250Gb drive to play with later, might even try a dual boot, stick win7-64 on the new drive so it's using the whole 6GB RAM.

Just annoyed I can't find the problem. I don't like giving up

I've tried several Windows tweakers things. Might give Yamisoft a quick go though.
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Thu May 31, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Well I had a game of BF3 yesterday afternoon, first time in 2 weeks. There was an Origin update which installed. I joined a server and lost connection rejoined and had the same fault. Joined another server got disconnected with something went wrong error!
Rebooted the PC and all was fine. I'm starting to think that Bobs problem is Windows related and something got corrupt when his PC crashed.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Huzzah,

Gave in in the end. Reinstalled windows. put on an ultimate 64 version and installed BF3 like a dream.

just got to set the controls and I'll be back up in time for the update.
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Well done Bob. Sounds like WinBlows strikes again. :angry:
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

might be an idea to take an image of your drive when you have your stuff installed and configured to your liking.

a few hours lost making a backup is nothing to the days it takes to get your pc back the way you want it.