Back To Karkand Is Live

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Just had a quick play around on 2 of the new maps. Trying to jog the old memory from BF2 days. There are new assignments to do to get more unlocks for the whole of the BF3 game.

I've found a <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L3p9fLfz7c" target="_blank">video</a> showing what you need to do to unlock them for PS3. I presume they are the same on all platforms.

I think we need to set our server up for the new maps for a while to get use / used to them again.
What do you think?
Last edited by Hammer on Tue Dec 13, 2011 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Stick em in the rotation then Hammer. Go ferrit I say. If the server dies we blame you :P
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Just make the rotation those 4 maps.

They are available in conquest large and small and also rush

Do we go with the conquest large or stick to small
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Just got to wait for Origin to come back up so that we can actually play the game :rolleyes:
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Aye just about to say the bloody validation servers are down...

Wonder what teh excuse will be...
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Server updates were planned for today. They were posted at the bottom of the Battlelog page yesterday. They were posted in American time zones. Can't remember what they were. I'm off to work shortly so I'll get a game tomorrow.

The quick play I had earlier looked good. Ask Terry what's its like as he's had the maps a week earlier. :fish:
Tumble
Advanced Member

Post by Tumble »

Eagle wrote: Just make the rotation those 4 maps.

They are available in conquest large and small and also rush
Do we go with the conquest large or stick to small
Conquest large is ace... but there has to be a few vehicles about :unsure:
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

bought back a few memories....

But yeah, you need some vehicles for taxis
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Was very quiet on the server last night so I stuck the other maps back in. Perhaps people are not willing to shell out the moolah for these maps? Anyway, Hammer when you join that is why the other maps are back in.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Nellyboy wrote: Was very quiet on the server last night so I stuck the other maps back in. Perhaps people are not willing to shell out the moolah for these maps? Anyway, Hammer when you join that is why the other maps are back in.
No problem mate.
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

Nellyboy wrote: Was very quiet on the server last night so I stuck the other maps back in. Perhaps people are not willing to shell out the moolah for these maps? Anyway, Hammer when you join that is why the other maps are back in.

This has almost always been the case with the BF series of games, their little extra payed for content
splits the community between the haves and the have nots. although the content on this occasion cost
me nothing, If i had to pay half of what i paid for the game in the first place to add the extra content
would depend on what others were doing. No point having it it if no one else does. On the other hand
If you haven't got then your out in the cold when the maps are being played on your favorite servers.

I will be playing again on Friday, sorting out my other games at the moment.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I say keep the rotation as it is until things have settled down at least what with EA being up to there normal tricks..
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

I paid for the karkand stuff, having only just bought the original.

Not sure it was actually worth the cost, however as more servers swap over, players are going to have to fork out, or keep swapping servers.

I wouldn't be so grumpy about it if they'd spent the extra revenue on sorting out the disco issues.... :angry:
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Exactly that Bob, no doubt there are people out there that bought the original and were waiting for all of the problems to be ironed out before forking out for the extra's..
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Vomit wrote:

This has almost always been the case with the BF series of games, their little extra payed for content
splits the community between the haves and the have nots. although the content on this occasion cost
me nothing, If i had to pay half of what i paid for the game in the first place to add the extra content
would depend on what others were doing. No point having it it if no one else does. On the other hand
If you haven't got then your out in the cold when the maps are being played on your favorite servers.

I will be playing again on Friday, sorting out my other games at the moment.
We got stung a couple of times by EA because of the BF expansion packs, etc. Bought Special Forces, and hardly played it, mostly because it was given a blast on some servers for a short time, and then only a few gamers stuck with it.

It's a bit sad when we buy a game and after buying it you're left wondering if you've been diddled. There's an ever growing mentality in the gaming industry that leaves me with the feeling that we should consider ourselves honoured that we are allowed to buy and play these games. EA throw some scraps our way and we're expected to wag our tails.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...