Patch Details

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Notes for Battlefield 3 November 22 patch. Major client update for the PC version Battlefield 3 as well as a server-side update for all platforms. This Battlefield 3 update will be made effective on Nov. 22nd 7:00 AM UTC / Nov. 21st 11:00 PM PST.

We’ll share release timing on the console patches as soon as we are clear on the timing, these take a bit longer due to console certification process.

---- Client-Side Changes:

-- Visuals, Stability and Performance Fixes:

• General performance and loading time improvements
• “Black Screenâ€
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

The joys of having more than one peice of software sat in the background doing shit for one game, people slate Steam but I've not had issues with that...
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

4 players is the minimum now and theres no changing it in procon either.

So populating a server just became very difficult.

Welcome to EA :rolleyes:

Probably the only way to have less players for start is to go unranked which of course will not get any players on anyway because who will want to play on an unranked server
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

I will help seed your server if and when i can, no hardship in laying up
somewhere safe. Have to go prone and wedge an sd card in some keys to make ya man
crawl up against a wall.

You never had much of a problem getting your bfbc2 server going most nights
, that's a credit to you all as a clan and your admin of your server so should be no problem on bf3 :2t:
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

When you spawn you cant move which means you have to jump up and down to keep from being idle
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Vomit wrote: I will help seed your server if and when i can, no hardship in laying up
somewhere safe. Have to go prone and wedge an sd card in some keys to make ya man
crawl up against a wall.

You never had much of a problem getting your bfbc2 server going most nights
, that's a credit to you all as a clan and your admin of your server so should be no problem on bf3 :2t:
That's good of you to mention this, Vomit. A few of us would spend over an hour sometimes, sitting on an empty server until other players joined. OGF1 will vouch for that. :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Been sat on my own for 30 minutes so far..
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

Sory due, I did say that i wouldnt be playing tonight m8.

On a differant note though, that AA gun i was using last night was differant in Desert Combat (old bf1942 mod, <a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_Combat)" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert_Combat)</a> It was very awkward to use it against anything other than jets and heli's due to the verticle movement of the gun being restricted to just above level of the machines hull.
Maybe ea should have altered this in a similar fashion in BF3, it is definately an unbalanced and possibly unfair
machine.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Wasnt aimed at you chap..

Just finished a later than normal one, me hammer smoop and some other chap..
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Geez.. so pathced and loaded.

It's a pain not being able to run around an empty server to look ariund the maps though...
Can you do it if you set up a LAN server or is that limited to 4 to start as well?

And some blooming instructions in the box would be nice as well for £35...

AND isn't origin crap...

like someone mentioned, another resource waster in the back.
Still, only using 2.6Mb RAM with all the normal crap in the background, so a little spare there even with only 3.25 out of 6Mb being usable...
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Dangerous Bob wrote: Geez.. so pathced and loaded.

It's a pain not being able to run around an empty server to look ariund the maps though...
Can you do it if you set up a LAN server or is that limited to 4 to start as well?
The minimum four player lockdown is for ranked servers. If that setting changes the server would no longer be ranked and so you wouldn't be awarded other kit.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...