Good Games

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

Been really enjoying the games of recent, but I am really missing the odd game of rush. Is there a way to include a procon command to switch to rush map cycles or throw on a rush map as the next map??

:th: :th:
Rasputin

ImageImage
Terry
Advanced Member

Post by Terry »

Rasputin wrote: Been really enjoying the games of recent, but I am really missing the odd game of rush. Is there a way to include a procon command to switch to rush map cycles or throw on a rush map as the next map??

:th: :th:
I'm with ya brother
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Must admit, I miss the heroics of Rush. :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

I've altered the map rotation to the following

Valparaiso Rush 2 rounds
Isla Innocentes Rush 2 rounds
Oasis Conquest 1 round
Harvest Day Rush 2 rounds
Panama Canal Conquest 1 round
Laguna Presa Rush 2 rounds
Arica Harbor Conquest 1 round
Atacama Desert Rush 2 rounds
Heavy Metal Conquest 1 round

Whilst ingame type

@nextmap to show the next map in chat
@nextlevel to change to the next level
@restart to restart the current map
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Thank you oh wise one :2t:
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Nellyboy wrote: Thank you oh wise one :2t:
What he said, cheers Eagle.
Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

Any chance of uping the Tickets as set at 200 at the moment and the server seems to be dead ( it has been the whole of this week) Just to say 500 not the 1000 as it was before the server change. :2t:
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I've not been on yet since my reinstall, well other than to have a quick config check so get your kills in while you can, I'll soon be back up to speed, not that that'll make any odds but still :lol:
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Mega wrote: Any chance of uping the Tickets as set at 200 at the moment and the server seems to be dead ( it has been the whole of this week) Just to say 500 not the 1000 as it was before the server change. :2t:

Its most likely quiet because it is now a mixed rotation server.

It would have more chance of attracting people if it was Rush only or Conquest only.

I only changed it coz someone asked for some Rush maps.

Perhaps make it fully Rush?
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Give it a go Eagle, I do not mind. Numbers are important. Me and Mega shot all the trees off a map last night, took over an hour.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Server change didn't seem to help either...

A consistent server, friendly in-game banter, no nazi admin, and we'll be rockin' and rollin' in no time.... :2t:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Claw wrote: Server change didn't seem to help either...

On that note, when the server comes up for renewal at the end of September I won't be renewing it.

If anyone else wants to take over the running of it and thinks they can do any better then speak to me and I'll transfer the remaining server funds over to you.

I haven't been playing on it anyway so I'm not really bothered anymore.
Last edited by Eagle on Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Eagle you do a great job for us. I appreciate the time and effort you put in you know I do my friend. The server change is a success. I have a lag free game with no issues so far.

Changing game modes is fine by me to find a happy medium. All I need is a target and the need to platinum a weapon and I am happy.

Don't listen to that grumpy old toad Claw. He spends too much time at his pc and needs to go out in the daylight a bit more.

Eagle for President I say. :gsv:
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

The server change was the clan's fault. As can be seen in the thread discussion regarding the server, everyone was up for a change eventually.

I've said this many times in the past, Eagle has demonstrated himself to be the best person for the job. If it happens that his decision is final, then his replacement needs to be someone who understands and reflects the spirit of GSV - someone reasonable yet decisive.

To me, BC2, and BF3 to come, are just games, I won't take them as seriously as some would. Additionally, being a toad means I have other interests of an evening too, so
<a href="http://youtu.be/tvRQznnBDrI" target="_blank"> I'm way too busy</a>... :P

I hope Eagle doesn't quit. I do hope GSV lighten up a little... :)

Fun, not Frags. :gsv:
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

How about you lighten up on the comments there Claw.

I think your negative comments have a very negative effect on me.