Another Unban

Also BF2, BFBC2

Moderator: Hammer

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Unban Effinghell please, ty. :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

No
Last edited by Eagle on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

:lol:

Perhaps we should have a sticky at the top that tells why, who and when someone was banned, saves the asking and possible arguments..
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Eagle wrote: No
Why?
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

Coz he was a dick and was pissing everyone off, so he got banned

Why would you want him unbanned?
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Eagle wrote: Coz he was a dick and was pissing everyone off, so he got banned
Why would you want him unbanned?
Well, I know he played particularly well, and we made quite a good squad when he was on a few nights while I was on. He added me to his friends list because our banter was good too. I'm surprised at how you describe him because he wasn't that way with me.

I know that one evening he was racking up an amazing KD rate and that was irritating some. But, he was in my squad and I could see that he wasn't doing the things accused. I spawned on him while he was in a great little hide-out he used. Some thought he was cheating, but nope, he's just really good at the game... I should imagine that would annoy some people.

Maybe it would be a good idea to have a ban list, with specific reasons. :unsure:
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Claw wrote: Maybe it would be a good idea to have a ban list, with specific reasons. :unsure:
Easy that one. Ignoring server rules or been a dick = ban. Trying to use admin commands while not been a gsv member = ban as well.

I admin with an iron Hammer, fair and consistent I am.
Rasputin
GSV Regular

Post by Rasputin »

And so it begins again!
Rasputin

ImageImage
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Hammer wrote: Easy that one. Ignoring server rules or been a dick = ban. Trying to use admin commands while not been a gsv member = ban as well.

I admin with an iron Hammer, fair and consistent I am.
:lol:

We don't have server rules, and what was he going to do with admin commands he isn't privileged to? :rolleyes:

C'mon guys lighten up, surely we don't really have these kinds of insecurities do we? :D

If someone is consistently TK'ing, Spawn killing, etc... well that's reasonable. But, you want to be careful what others on the server see. If they pick up that someone was kicked/banned for spoiling your stats, when they're on for just a few games of fun, it just creates bad air. We don't want people thinking we're prima donnas. Or, maybe we're drawing the wrong type of people to the server by having the "fun" in our motto? :unsure:

If we give the smallest impression of being uptight, Anal, Napoleon syndrome, n00b, admin... then they know they're a complete gonna on this server, and they would rather burn than fade away. They are going to get satisfaction from your kicking them for winding you up. From the sound of it he did a really good job on the two of you... :(

There was an episode on the server just the other day when some guy started spawn killing. Another player complained about it and the guy that did it replied with, "I like to think of it as reconnaissance." So, I put up an admin message, " Admin likes to think of it as baseraping..." There were a few lol's and we got on with the game.

You can reply in whatever way you want here to this, but I think that if we lighten up, then we'll get a regular crowd on the server which will create its own ethos. The ones that have to tell you they're tough guys or whatever, then psychology indicates just the opposite. :)

GSV, we're cooooool. Chill out bro... :afro:

:gsv:
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Here we go with the stats again lol.

What have stats got to do with it?
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Nellyboy wrote: Here we go with the stats again lol.

What have stats got to do with it?
What else could it be about? :D
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

I give up. I really cannot be bothered to explain myself.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

I like to rule with an iron too....

Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Claw wrote: What else could it be about? :D
We do have server rules, they are listed in game if you care to read them :rolleyes:

Soon as there is a problem for some reason stats are brought up again, what is it with you and stats Claw?

Non members shouldn't be trying to kick GSV members from the server we pay for.

People dicking about and trying to spoil or spoiling other peoples enjoyment get dealt with swiftly.

Job done :hb:
Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

If I go on any other server and dont obey the scrolling ingame rules I get kicked (as I have been before) you then go back and ask why you were kicked and learn from that. Unfortunately some people don't learn and after being warned Once - Twice - Three times a lady ( i feel like a song coming on here) they still either don't read server messages or just ignor you. I will kick them first ( I think Kicking someone as a warning is better than a ban) for most things but others like constant team killing - base raping then a TBan would be in order then If and when they come back and behave like idiot Perm Ban them. :2t:

Stats dont have any thing to do with it if it was I would use the M60 as Medic or the Abakan as Assult all day long. What spoils the game and makes people leave is I think mainly the base raping. (Just NO FUN if you die instantly as you spawn) :gsv: