Gaming TV

PC & Console gaming
Claw
GSV Spammer

Gaming TV

Post by Claw »

With the PS5 now on the horizon I'm on the hunt for a budget 43/50 inch TV that'll handle... well, the PS5.

There's loads of talk about panels, dimming, and all kinds of dis'll-do... but... none of the reviews and tech specs seem to point to a TV that's just nicely rounded-out for gaming.

I'm after something that's around £500.00 or less, 4K, and a decent response time. I'm not bothered about sound quality or wattage because I use surround sound headphones.

Any suggestions based on what you have, or know about?
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Re: Gaming TV

Post by Trig »

We're a Samsung TV house here now, we have one of their 4k units in the front room, not sure what its like for gaming though.
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

All samsung here, built in apps, all works even for a numpty like me.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I've always been more interested in the quality of audio than visual, but since I've started playing Generation Zero with it's brilliant visuals on the PS4 I've just wanted see how good it can get. My gaming space has got to be separate to the lounge, just to feel like I've gone somewhere else during lockdown.

A1080p TV is good enough for films, etc, for me. This is just one of my quirks, but seeing films and TV programs in 4K detracted from the story somehow. I started noticing too many details and it felt like I was watching the film being made rather than an unfolding story. Weird, eh? :unsure:

So, I'm gonna check out some Samsung 4K TV's then...
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Wassa PS5?

:p