No Man's Sky

PC & Console gaming
Claw
GSV Spammer

No Man's Sky

Post by Claw »

Had a bash at this while visiting my son. I've got a choice between monsterizing my PC or buying a PS4. I was mesmerised by the scale, scope, and something else that starts with "sc" that I can't think of.

Anyone got this on either or both?
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Re: No Man's Sky

Post by Dangerous Bob »

After all the bad reviews when it came out, and the price, I've not looked at it since.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

It's had a huge update since then, and from what I've read, much of the negativity about it was a combination of "fake news" and a complete misunderstanding of the concept of the game.

There was some stuff said about advertising being misrepresentative, when in reality, due to the game's massive diversity and scale, it's unlikely that everyone is going to have the exact same experience the immediate after loading as it's depicted in online videos, etc. But, things like massive space battles, big monsters, and what have you, will be experienced, probably.

Sadly, with a growing number of gamers having an attention span that of the time and distance between the X and O on their controllers, their is little room for imagination and contemplation.

When I was having ago I was Robinson Crusoe in space. I just wanted to explore, discover, and adventure.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

If you're quick its on sale on steam for £16 rather than £40.... Ends 14th Aug.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Dangerous Bob wrote:If you're quick its on sale on steam for £16 rather than £40.... Ends 14th Aug.
Missus bought me a PS4 and NMS. Still getting used to the Controller after decades of mouse and keyboard.

Great game, and they've just updated it to multiplayer'ish.
Terry
Advanced Member

Post by Terry »

Never could get used to a controller, unless it was sports games.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

WASD and mouse control here.
Might get the X52 plugged in for the spaceship flight bit.