SpaceHulk: Deathwing

PC & Console gaming
Trig
GSV Spammer

SpaceHulk: Deathwing

Post by Trig »

Anyone got this, based on the Gamnes Workshop board game of the same name...

Been waiting for them to do a decent version of this for aaaaages... :drib:
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Re: SpaceHulk: Deathwing

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Steams reviews are a bit mixed for it.

Not an early access is it?
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I had it, played, literally, for 34 minutes, then refunded it, then 2 days later they patched it, I hope they sort it out as I have so much want for this game...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Anymore news on this game Trig?

I've still got the board game for this tucked away in the loft. The old 486 version of this game was really hard.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

It was actaully the board game, back when I was at RAF Church Fenton back in the early 90's that got me into the whole 40k thing, started off playing SH on board then moved to painting the Terminiators and into table top eventually..

I'll be waiting for the next patch to land before I dip my toes back in..
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I think I went there too many decades ago to have a go in a Chipmunk.

Were you in the RAF?
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Nope, Air Cadets.
Was at CF for a week annual camp, as for the Chipmunk, underpowered peice of shit lol

Told us it was safe in the briefing then made us strap a chute on....
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Exactly! I'd never done any jumps and was only told how to unlock the harness, which lever to pull to release the canopy, and then how to pull the rip-cord for the chute... for half the flight I was rehearsing this in my head. After a while the Captain gave me control and asked me to circle an area where two Jaguars had collided and suggested I maintain awareness for other aircraft...

If I was being wound up they did an awesome job of it.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Twist and push, Then the little lever on the top that popped the flap to break the airflow, then slide the canopy back, jump out of the left side and aim at the back of the wing...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Trig wrote:Twist and push, Then the little lever on the top that popped the flap to break the airflow, then slide the canopy back, jump out of the left side and aim at the back of the wing...
Yep, that was something along the lines of my Mantra for much of that flight... I don't know why, but in my head I've got it as jumping out on the right side. But my memory is getting flakey and you know this stuff better than I do.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

bht if it got to the point where you had to get out, you more than likely had more important things to do rather than make a fuss over left/right..
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Trig wrote:bht if it got to the point where you had to get out, you more than likely had more important things to do rather than make a fuss over left/right..
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: