Fractalus

PC & Console gaming
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

While reading of the sad demise of LucasArts today, I had a look around to see if any of their early games had been ported to PC... and I only happened stumble across a remake of <a href="http://www.chip.de/downloads/Fractalus_44573339.html" target="_blank">Rescue on Fractalus</a>.

Just had a quick look at it, and they've done a good job of it. Anyone else remember this, or another LucasArts title? There was a game I can't remember the title of, but you were in some kind of land based vehicle looking for abandoned crafts to pull artefacts and tech from them. (if I remember correctly) As you made your way across a rugged terrain there would be an occasional alien spaceship that would fly over from time to time that you would have to take out with your laser cannon.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Compo
Advanced Member

Post by Compo »

Haven't heard of those two but the titles that I used to play a lot consisted of the day of the tentacle, Sam and max hit the road and the dig. Classic point and click games that I have added to my scummvm collection :2t:
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

There we go... <a href="http://games.softpedia.com/get/Freeware ... Rift.shtml" target="_blank">Koronis Rift</a> ...a highly original game that has been ported awesomely. The guy that has done this has managed to hold on to the feel of the game.

I've not played any of those you've mentioned there Compo. But, if what I know about LucasArts is true, then all three of those games will be distinctly original games.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Compo
Advanced Member

Post by Compo »

They are classics that I first played in the mid 90s, all very original games with brilliant humour to boot. Another one that I should have mentioned was Indiana Jones: The Fate of Atlantis, brilliant game.. I will check Koronis Rift...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Compo wrote: They are classics that I first played in the mid 90s, all very original games with brilliant humour to boot. Another one that I should have mentioned was Indiana Jones: The Fate of Atlantis, brilliant game.. I will check Koronis Rift...
I'm in the process of obtaining both of those games you mentioned. Had a quick look on youtube first, and yep, they bear all the hallmarks of an 'out there' Lucas Arts bit of mad and original gaming. Fun times :D