Star Citizen

PC & Console gaming
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

While I am still waiting for DAYZ to come around, I'm also getting uquite excited about this one....

<a href="https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game" target="_blank">https://robertsspaceindustries.com/about-the-game</a>

I loved Wing Commander back in the day..
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Now that looks cool..

Question is how are we paying for it....
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

That looks amazingly good. The only problem it would cause me is what causes me problems with a few top-notch games out now and of the past, is the lifestyle demand. Some of these games, to get the fullest enjoyment from them, have got to become an alternative lifestyle. Unless I'm completely immersed in the game for very long periods of time I forget where I'm up to, what do I need to do next? etc, especially if there is a lot going on, quests, etc.

As much as I love these alternate lifestyle type games, I can't do them justice. :(
Last edited by Claw on Fri Sep 27, 2013 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Geist
Advanced Member

Post by Geist »

It looks to good to be true at the moment but people are putting serious money into it.

However there's a few things that are ringing alarm bells to me. The main one is the latest stretch goal. They are implementing a full FPS game as part of it. So you can fly to planets, land and then go into the FPS game. It's hard enough to get one game type working well, let a lone when you're teams doing two and merging them.

They are releasing a dogfight alpha soon but the game is at least a year away. I want it to do well, but I'm not sure I'll ever give them money, to many things are still unclear and as we all know it depends on how the gameplay is.
- Geist - Cantankerous -
- GSV - Hexus - I'm Going In - MarlinsUK - TNGC -
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I dont want subscription based gaming, t'is ghey...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Trig wrote: I dont want subscription based gaming, t'is ghey...
Didn't notice this. That's even more disappointing... :huh:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

No, theres no mention of it being subs based, I'm just saying that I dont like subs based games, I'd rather just pay for it and then play it as and when I want to rather than feeling like i have to play it because I've paid for a months worth or whatever..