Dayz Is Now Officially Shit :(

PC & Console gaming
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Well what can I say. I've been enjoying this game but for the last two days all I seem to do is work up a character then die due to hackers :(
Last night I went on a server and found an island with an oil rig next to it with 3 helis and barracks. The barracks had all the guns and explosives you could ever want. They even had anti aircraft radr WTF!!!!
Then on another server im going about my business when I just suddenly die and so does half the other ppl on the server. Then tonight I had a lil dick all ghillied up with silenced m4a1 breaking my leg and laughing at me. I had just spawned!!!!! ffs that was annoying. Then on same server an apache heli comes out of no where, is there apaches in cherno map? and tells me to get in or die. I walk away and he kills me the twat! Maybe not a hacker but I never heard the apache until it landed. Is that normal?and it landed 10ft away from me.
Guess im pissed off I lost a 16 day character to a hacker just killing me and half the server when I wasn't near anyone.
Anyway is the stand alone gonna be any better for anti hacks? If not I could see me and DayZ not having a long love affair.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Ha, yeah the fun of hackers eh, I've still got DayZ installed and up to date but haven't played in a while, was kinda fun and something new to start with but got a bit annoying for the same reasons..
Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

Hi Class
yes Hacker are a pain in the arse, Best way to avoid hackers is find a White listed server that needs password and then apply to them to be added. I have yet to date not been hacked on a white listed server.

Next are the Private servers (not in the main Hive) which means you have to play on that server or group of servers to use the gear you collect.
These do get hacked but not as often as Admin can see who hacked and ban them. (cant do this on a normal Sayz Server) Me Nelly and Ras were on last night and the server we were on got hacked and everone died the Active admin band the guy and then reset the server to about 2 mins before the hack attack and we all got respawn with all our same gear and in the same place we were.

Trouble with Dayz it is using Arma2 engine which was designed to be Modified by the general public so in reality it is near impossible to stop people running the scripts

The Dayz Standalone will be a different story as it will be run on a modified version of the arma 2 engine and locked down. But as any gamer knows NO GAME IS CHEAT PROOF.

The best way if you see any server messages that a hacker is on just leave that server and either join another one or wait a while and the Script Kiddies tend to go and annoy another server.

We are on most night around 8.30 till 11.00 ish join Nellys Raid call server (same as TS) LINK TO TOPIC BELOW

<a href="index.php?showtopic=4260" target="_blank">index.php?showtopic=4260</a>
Last edited by Mega on Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Same old story, as soon as a game gets popular, it becomes a target for hackers...

Roll on the standalone