Wow Text Corruption

PC & Console gaming
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Just stuck new gfx cards in my rents machines for the upcoming release of Diablo3.

However for now they both play Wow, dads machine is fine but mums seems to be corrupting the text in the chat box on the left, for a second or two its fine but then it goes all scrambled.

There was a similar issue on another game a while back but stuffed it I can find it..
Its an ATi card and there seems to be a few peopoe whining about it but nobody seems to have an actual solution...
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Probably a driver related issue.
You may have to try a few different versions of the drivers or use Driver Sweeper to remove all the ATI drivers and reinstall.

I was having a major problem with BFBC2 but it turned out to be a 3rd party piece of software that was crashing my machine. It was MSI Afterburner the game would only work with version 2.2 installed. Anything newer including the betas at the time would hard lock the machine after a random number of minutes.

You've probably tried closing down unnecessary pieces of software.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Trig wrote: Just stuck new gfx cards in my rents machines for the upcoming release of Diablo3.

However for now they both play Wow, dads machine is fine but mums seems to be corrupting the text in the chat box on the left, for a second or two its fine but then it goes all scrambled.
Have you tried tweaking some of the in-game video settings? Seems weird that only the text or font would be affected. Adding to this the fact that the text is okay for a moment. Now that could be down to her in-game character smoking something really dodgy, or, the font size is too small/big. Perhaps even an Aspect Ratio setting. Do they both use the same brand and spec monitors? If they use different model monitors, would swapping them over help? (worked for me once, can't explain why though, it just seemed to reset something somewhere.)

When you say rent's, are these people you are renting? Or, are we talking people that rent.... erm... you? :blink:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

he actually means two rents

two as in a pair

pair rents
Last edited by Eagle on Mon May 14, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Gave it bollcosk and changed the card in the end so mums chuffed, she went from an X800 to an HD4350 to an HD6450..

Dads happy with an HD3450, but then again he did come from onboard Intel HD :lol:
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Eagle wrote: he actually means two rents

two as in a pair

pair rents
:blink:

I like doing lateral thinking problems... but I would never have worked that out. Sorry Trig, no disrespect intended.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...