Nether New Game

General Gaming News
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0IfxxDb ... e=youtu.be" target="_blank">Nether on uToob</a>

Looks like a survival game. Looks average but so does everything these dayz..
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

This looks more atmospheric and immersive than what I've watched of DayZ.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

DayZ has moved on, DayZ Epoch is possibly the best evolved version.
Though I'm finding it harder to play as a lone wolf as base making takes 3-4 players to be viable. Slightly concerned that Nether may be the same.
Love playing as a team, but these days would like to play solo as well.

Was reading an article that was highlighting the delicate balance between making the maps big enough to be truely sandbox, and the number of players so it's not too much like a deathmatch.

Also slightly concerned about frame rates. Looking at the screen shots, this is going to be way heavier on my HD5850 then Elektro in DayZ ever is.
However the youtube footage looks like BF3, so maybe not to bad.

would be interested in a guest pass if anyone signs up for this.
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

<!--sizeo:4--><span style="font-size:14pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->£50.00!!<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--> :eek:

Not going to rush into this one. That said, these survival type games are tempting. Nether has integrated voice chat too.

If you're going work as a team, how would you set objectives, etc? Lonewolf would allow you to be more of an explorer.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...