Racing And Flying Games/simulators?

General Gaming News
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Hi Folks,
I have just been searching my old stuff trying to find my old steering wheel as my brother has started playing <a href="http://rfactor.net/" target="_blank">rFactor</a> and I thought it looked pretty hard/good. This got me thinking about Grand Prix Legends and I was wondering if any of you still race? Also I found my old Saitek Cyborg evo joystick and wondered if anyone still flys about in Il Stromovik? I was always lucky to get off the ground in iL2 and that was as far as I could get lol :)
Trying to dig the IL2 cd's out and see if I can load it. As for the racing my brother has just informed me whilst typing this that we threw the pedals out ages ago so no racing for me :( although I;m still downlooading it atm :)

Up and coming rFactor2 clips look pretty cool
<a href="http://youtu.be/O_bq51EDmWc" target="_blank">YouTube Linky</a>
and the rain effect is mad!
<a href="http://youtu.be/kzWNZcCIYks" target="_blank">YouTube Link</a>

Class--

[edit]Gah just realised I posted in the wrong section. Can a kind mod please move me along :)
Last edited by Class-- on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Hahaha After the wait of a 1Gb download my dualie wont even start it lol cant wait for my new pc parts now :D

Class--
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

I've still got IL2 1946 and Cliffs of Dover to fly with.
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Not seen rfactor before, looks very good, shame about not on console ?
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

No I don't believe it is on console as I believe its some sort of open project although you pay for the game. It is a free download and trial tho :)
I installed il2 and forgotten battles last night then tried a mission out. Oh lol I was in the air for 40 mins and never saw the bloody v1 or V2 that I was supposed to attack at 1100ft lol :D and yes the end resulkt was landing ripping off as I was going way to fast then a nice ball of flames but at least I found that the joystick still works :D

Class--
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

I have been playing a bit of rfactor myself lately, the original not 2.
It is free if you know were to look.

A lot of mods out for it and hundreds of tracks available to download.

Currently racing some hefty beemers on old bttc and v8 super car tracks.
Had a quick go last night with some 60's f1 cars just as test to see if rfactor2 is worth my money at the moment, still undecided although the graphics are a lot nicer the tracks and cars available is very limited at the moment.