Microsoft Flight Takes Off

General Gaming News
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

The <a href="http://www.microsoft.com/games/flight/" target="_blank">Microsoft Flight Website</a> now offers Microsoft Flight, the free-to-play follow up to the Microsoft Flight Simulator series of flying games. With the series entering a new era with a name change and a different business model, MCV sits down with Microsoft's Joshua Howard about these topics. Here are his thoughts on the free thing: "Free-to-play was a really easy choice. The idea that we’re going to give away an experience that can introduce, for no cost, millions and millions of people to the magic that is flying just seemed like a no brainer. We believe people will get in, experience the free thing, realise that flying is magical, it is doable, it is achievable. And then they’ll become fans. And if they become fans then they’ll want to stick around. And a free-to-play model with downloadable content seemed to be a great fit for that."
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

got to be worth a look...

Breed a whole new generation of anoraks....

Bags the mod job for the new forum... ;)
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

sorry but this makes me lol...
Recommended Hardware:

CPU: Dual Core 3.0 GHz
GPU: 1024 MB ATI Radeon HD 5670 or 1024 MB NVIDIA GEFORCE 9800 GT or equivalent
HD: 30 GB hard drive space
RAM: 6.0GB

wow how things have moved on since I last played games. Its the 30Gb of hard drive you need for the thing that makes me lol the most :)

Class--
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Hmm... sounds promising though. If it has a chopper siim I'd definitely take a serious look at it.

Them thar spec requirements are quite monsterous.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

I'd be up for some chopper action.... Phnaarrrr....

The other versions certainly ballooned in size once you started adding all the extras, addons etc.

I've installed it, just over 2 GB in the installation folder, so not sure where 30Gb comes from.
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.