Tech Entertainment

All things music related

Moderator: 0lderama

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Back in the eighties, which in relative terms wasn't all that long ago, but in computer technology terms is practically of archeological interest, Atari micro computer owners would meet up in forums. Not the kinda forums we have today but on the likes of BBS. From here 'Meets' would be organised and in some community centre people would bring their Micro Computers to 'checkout' the newest games, peripherals, related gadgets... and demo's! The demo's were examples of the real muscles of your computer. Back in the day, Atari 800XL's blew everything away... Check this out, remembering this is mid eighties nerd entertainment... <a href="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ZbgXolZQs" target="_blank">http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=e-ZbgXolZQs</a>
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Mate of mine runs the RCM locally, Retro Computer Museum, looooooooads of old stuff...
Compo
Advanced Member

Post by Compo »

Trig wrote: Mate of mine runs the RCM locally, Retro Computer Museum, looooooooads of old stuff...

That is literally round the corner from me! I might have to go for a visit :drib:
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Let me know when you want to take a trip up chap, I'll have a word with Andy....
They've got some VR machines :D
Compo
Advanced Member

Post by Compo »

Cool, will do!! I had a look on the website and realised how much of a geek I am by recognising the majority of the machines, lol
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

He's got some proper old school stuff, gave him all of my old Amiga stuff a while back, he about wee'd when I showed him the pictures..
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Didn't realise that there were actual computer museums you could actually visit.I've still got my ZX81, Spectrum, BBC B, an old ICI 286 with a 30MB HDD and two floppy drives - one 5 1/4" and one 8". I think I still have a Mattel Aquarius somewhere.I got rid of my Atari 800XL to get the Atari ST, and because my brother is a musician he "borrowed" it in the days when Midge Ure was using an ST as a four track Studio to produce his music from home. The ST had a MIDI port, and CuBase had quite a comprehensive music studio package for the ST. Before it was "borrowed" I only used it for gaming really. I was using an Apricot PC for writing databases... until DBase III came along...
Last edited by Claw on Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...