Anyone still riding?

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

Class--
GSV Regular

Anyone still riding?

Post by Class-- »

I'll be getting the old bandit ready for winter as the tax runs out at the end of the month. Anyone still ride bikes? Are you all year riders?

What about the 4 wheel crew? Is Trig still squeezing everything out of his Vauxhall turbos and is Data still running the biggest car he can find?

Whos on the pedal powered bikes? I have barely been on my mountain bike this year and the road bike, well that hasnt been touched in 3 years :eek: My knees just didnt get on with that bike but yet its still in the garage <_< My belly isnt getting on with the lack of exercise either so I dunno whats worse :unsure:
Vomit
Advanced Member

Re: Anyone still riding?

Post by Vomit »

Hung my bike stuff up in 2000, survived 16 years of daily year round riding on bikes ranging from a DT50 to a full powered V-Max (us import)

I rode my mountain bike a lot during furlough, a fair bit before that though and this year bought a Turbo Levo Hard Tail E Bike.
You should try one, a lot kinder to ageing joints.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Vauxhall turbo's went about a decade ago chap, do try to keep up ;)
Current set of wheels is an 04 Audi TT...
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

I left my mtb's hung on wall when little one came along, wife got bored of me spending most of a sat/sun out and then cleaning up afterwards. I then got the road bike bug but I tend to only ride it now when I leave my work van at office for the weekend/holidays, life just tends to be too busy. I did become a proper MAMIL with it though and enjoyed the north york moors a lot. Bought myself a 6pot german shopping cart for weekend fun during covid and when me old man passed away to cheer me up, it like the bikes is a garage queen, going to keep hold as values of 2nd hand cars are for the first time in my life going north.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Trig wrote:Vauxhall turbo's went about a decade ago chap, do try to keep up ;)
Current set of wheels is an 04 Audi TT...
Yeah, a decade ago, try to keep up Class. Trig's all electric now... just imagine Audi tags on those wheels there...

Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Well I'm getting rid of the TT when I get back from Sardinia, just need to find something cheap that'll last me 6 months or so
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Nouts cheap no more, second hand car market (and new tbf) is for the first time in my lifetime bizarre the prices seem bonkers.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Indeed, gonna find a 2k run about and just go from there..

Maybe a Smart ForTwo or a Swift Sport :D