qualifier's and other ride's

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

Screwy
Advanced Member

qualifier's and other ride's

Post by Screwy »

OK tomorrow is my first qualifier for Paris-Brest-Paris , The Mere 200 starting from Cheadle near Manchester hopefully I'm fit enough to get round within the thirteen and a half hour limit :unsure:

Paul
Screwy
Advanced Member

Re: First qualifier

Post by Screwy »

And done Great day out and would have possibly been a sub 11 hour ride except I stopped twice to help a guy with a couple of punctures and a broken rear spoke , managed to get round in eleven hours thirty three minutes though so more than happy .

Paul
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

:th: Well done Screwy. Was it just a target to get round or did you secretly put a time on it ?
Out of interest how much kit/tools do you carry ?

Dragged the other half out up the woods for first time this year, my time on the spinner im finding is paying dividends.
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

I usually aim for 12 hours for a 200 km ride but I like to try and get round faster so that I can gauge my fitness level . tool and kit wise I usually carry a change of riding gear consisting of socks,bib tight,s, base layer and jersey at this time year and jersey and shorts in summer and carry a power pack to re charge the phone and for tools I carry a pump,puncture repair outfit,two spare tubes,various tie wraps,insulation tape,a small bottle of chain lube , a head torch,survival bag , bicycle lock , multi-tool and a small tub of bum cream :o I use sudocreme as I can buy a tub just about any where plus I carry emergency bonk rations .

Paul
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Lube, Lycra, Bum Cream and Bonk rations..........

Well played young Sir...
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Dangerous Bob wrote:Lube, Lycra, Bum Cream and Bonk rations..........

Well played young Sir...

:boff: :P
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Indeed ive ended up carrying too much stuff,not helped by the fact weve got diff wheels, we share the bag between stops. I try to leave most stuff in the car if we go further afield, or the rare day I take time off and go from home I just suck it up and load up.
You ever get on the trails with your other bit of dirty stuff ?
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Not really Andrew , I need to get out on the mountain bike for a change of pace to be honest so I should get my finger out and try some of the local moor tracks .

Paul
Screwy
Advanced Member

Re: qualifier's and other ride's

Post by Screwy »

I did the Fleet Moss Randonnee Sunday only managed to record some of the track due to the cycle computer not auto recording but still a great day out .
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

Did a route check Wednesday for this weekends Red Rose Audax , Cold start with plenty of frost about but by dinner time it started to rain and the wind picked up , the second leg from Glasson dock back to Halifax was mainly into a headwind that was gusting up to 30 mph so my legs are still hurting two days later but an enjoyable ride for all that .

Paul
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

local news the other night mentioned rosedale abbey chimney bank climb, and i confess i thought of our lovely screwy ;)
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Ahh wind and rain, I remember why I don't cycle anymore lol
Screwy
Advanced Member

Post by Screwy »

andrew wrote:local news the other night mentioned rosedale abbey chimney bank climb, and i confess i thought of our lovely screwy ;)
Doing the Pendle 600 in June pretty sure that will take care of any doubt's about hill's :D .