New Car

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Seen as though we don't get many threads in here................

After 5 months wait i've just sold my VW Bora oil burning servant for another oil burner from zee Germans. I'm going to miss the casual car mileage rate but at least with this one every cost is rolled into 1 charge.
I've covered just shy of 600 miles in the last 2 weeks and it seems to be ok, its not a swish model but it'll do me for the 36month term. Its a 318d exclusive (that exclusive they make millions lol), its co2 is pretty low which helps tax (green voucher), it cuts out with this start stop tech, which seems to work ok, although not much use for my kind of journeys.

Anyway pictures speak a thousand words, by the way, I do not wash cars, and am normally wearing muddy boots so forgive the pics........ :P

Also for reference, I used we buy any car to sell the bora, and to be fair the experience was good, with a fair price. I was nervous/sceptical after hearing a couple of horror stories, but I found it ok and pretty painless.

I've just noticed, I use, a lot, of comma's. Oh and that is the wifes bad parking skills :mm:
Last edited by andrew on Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Nice motor.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->I do not wash cars<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

I'm at the other end of the spectrum, I detail them :mm:
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

Nice one mate :)
Phant0m
Advanced Member

Post by Phant0m »

Personalised plate rocks Andrew
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Phantom where you been hiding ? How's things ?
Phant0m
Advanced Member

Post by Phant0m »

im not hiding im just under the thumb :P. Not bad still trying to get house into a decent state nearly there now lol. Hows your house going?
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

House is fine tbh, we've only had to decorate a couple of rooms to our sorry her taste. I've built a shed/workshop at bottom of garden thats a good size and well insulated/secure, other than that not a lot doing.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Next big question... and you`ve already admitted that your wife let`s you drive this... what`s in/on the CD/MP3 player? :D
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

multi mp3 disc, adele, florence, plan b (giving them a shot). All listened to today as I went trans pennine :)

First problem with vehicle on way home tonight; need a new windscreen, thanks to a bit of bad luck, some stones and a helpful truck.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I've not heard a lot of Florence recently, but the Magic Roundabout theme sounds like it would make a great ring-tone. ;)

Plan B would be amazing if he just wouldn't rap... although it's not too difficult to nip those bits out with Audacity... :D

Really sorry to hear about your Windscreen. That happened to us with a combined bolt-nut-washer quite a few years back... I was more worried about the low flying 2 seater airplane that it fell off as it flew over us when coming into land...

A bit of advice... get an air-freshener before the missuss chooses one... otherwise you'll be smelling of that for hours after you get out of the car. :D
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Had to have a windscreen last year, M62 near bradford, bolt came over central reservation whack near rear view mirror (few inchs quickly spread to about 8!). The window was in bad shape in other places as well from battle scars.... I'll never waste time waiting for a fix ever again, personal safety's number 1 ;)
D3s3rt_F0x
Advanced Member

Post by D3s3rt_F0x »

Its true I've tried to hide it but I do love myself.