New Stig?

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Who do you reckon is the new Stig? How long do you think he'll last?

Ben Collins, I was reading, took the thing really seriously. Seems he'd turn up for work with a balaclava on, not wanting even the production team to know who he was. I can't imagine anyone else going to the lengths he went to.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

I think Stig Blomqvist should do it, Rally Legend!

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stig_Blomqvist" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stig_Blomqvist</a>
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Legthigh wrote: I think Stig Blomqvist should do it, Rally Legend!

<a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stig_Blomqvist" target="_blank">http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stig_Blomqvist</a>
Wow... you just know everything about everything Leg... is there a subject you can't speak on? :blink:

I've never heard of this guy, and you're right he's got an impressive record there.

Forget Stig awesomeness... we need a Leg awesomeness thread... :th:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

Claw wrote: Wow... you just know everything about everything Leg... is there a subject you can't speak on? :blink:

I've never heard of this guy, and you're right he's got an impressive record there.

Forget Stig awesomeness... we need a Leg awesomeness thread... :th:
lol I'm not so great at maths.

But yeah Stig rocks, I saw him when he was driving his little Skoda (mid-late 90's) I used to really enjoy rallying.

Edit: This is the little car, I even helped push it back on track with some of the other crowd when he got it stuck once at Chatsworth

Last edited by Legthigh on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

I've got some pictures of Stig somewhere from when I used to follow the Lombard RAC rally about.
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

Hammer wrote: I've got some pictures of Stig somewhere from when I used to follow the Lombard RAC rally about.
Have probably bumped into you at some point Hammer, we used to do the same.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Hammer wrote: I've got some pictures of Stig somewhere from when I used to follow the Lombard RAC rally about.
They allow you to do that then? :blink:
0lderama
Advanced Member

Post by 0lderama »

There is one subject that ginge and myself cant really discuss at lenth and thats Man citys sucesses post 1976

I remeber the rally going near where i used to live at tatton park

:)
Last edited by 0lderama on Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Legthigh
GSV Regular

Post by Legthigh »

Olderama wrote: There is one subject that ginge and myself cant really discuss at lenth and thats Man citys sucesses post 1976
:fish: we don't talk about that bud!
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

Legthigh wrote: :fish: we don't talk about that bud!
about what ????? .... about nothing ??? Ah yes.... that's what they've won ...

Back on topic... isn't the new Stig really the old Stig back in disguise ?? (serious question !)
Someone reckoned it was but gut feel is nahhh
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Turts wrote: Back on topic... isn't the new Stig really the old Stig back in disguise ?? (serious question !)
Someone reckoned it was but gut feel is nahhh
That's interesting... and would be the sort of thing you could imagine him doing considering the lengths he went to previously.

This said, another channel is said to be knocking together a car program featuring him as the presenter... that said, even that would be a good cover for him if he was the new Stig... :unsure: