Schumi's Back...

2, 3 or 4 wheeled petrol heads in here.

Moderator: Trig

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Okay it's slightly old news now that Schumi's back, and I wasn't sure if it was just a money move for him, but <a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 429186.stm" target="_blank">this really upbeat interview</a> has made me realise that he's on fire again. We see a great side of his personality, and sense of humor - especially the discussion about the current whipper-snappers.

The Interviewers comment/question about the British vs German thing seemed a little borderline to me, took me by surprise he'd bring such a thought up.
Last edited by Claw on Thu Dec 24, 2009 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Hope Hamilton & Button kick his ass :mm:
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Damn that recession...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Well, I was never any sort of real fan of his, in fact my son and I would regularly banter over Schumi's on track antics... my son is a bit of a Schumi fan.

But, since Schumi left there has been a bit more to'ing and fro'ing over driving skills and cars. But the question we've got to ask is whether they have just been battles amidst the mediocre's? This'll test their metal, surely?

I'm not going to be following the races, but I'll be following the news. Who knows, maybe Hamilton will go back to his Playstation and Button will lose his bottle again... :unsure:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

We'll see, I reckon it could be hard for him to work his way up again.
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

I've no doubt he'll be competitive but I can't see him taking the crown.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Well, it could also offer some insight as to whether it was Schumi's driving or just the money Ferrari were throwing at the car that won him the championships.

If he wins, or even does extremely well, it's going to go very well for his personal history.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Got up this morning to watch the Australian Grand Prix, wow what a race. Plenty of action and overtaking. A brilliant call by Jenson Button to change to slick tyres early and gave him the race win.

Who is this Schumi guy? ;)
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

I think that is called a spoiler Hammer, thanks a lot.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Nellyboy wrote: I think that is called a spoiler Hammer, thanks a lot.
:jase:
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

andrew wrote: I've no doubt he'll be competitive but I can't see him taking the crown.
Dangerous Bob wrote: We'll see, I reckon it could be hard for him to work his way up again.
Well, things are turning out like I didn't expect it to. My son is keeping me <strike>informed</strike> educated. There have been some surprises. ;)
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Thanks for that Claw ;) :P

In all fairness its not been a bad season for viewing so far, I fancy vettel for the crown.
ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

Last race was good, 4 cars all going for the lead, decent racing between team mates. Still, its always better when it rains.

I'm still fancying Hamilton to snatch the championship, all depends if redbull can sort themselves out although the McLaren car is looknig more competitive with each race