Plex

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Claw
GSV Spammer

Plex

Post by Claw »

Anyone had problems with Plex lately?

None of my devices or apps are seeing the Plex server, and that includes the Plex app installed on the PC that is running the Plex server.

All apps and devices are signed in with the same account, they are all on the same LAN...

It's got to be something really obvious or silly that I'm missing here...
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Re: Plex

Post by Trig »

Its been a bit flaky but nothing since updating and rebooting stuff..
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

/Goes off to google Plex....
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Plex is still being a royal pain...

Plex Server just sits there on the PC "Looking for servers..." with the comment "A server could not be found. Download and install Plex Media Server, and it will appear here."

The server is there, I installed it. I've completely obliterated it from my PC and reinstalled it time and time again.

It's worked for years, so what on earth has gone so badly wrong that it shouldn't want to play anymore? :unsure: :(
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Fixed it...

It seems I wasn't obliterating enough... there's a super-secret Reg Key that needs to be deleted too. This site makes it so simple:

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articl ... dia-Server

Happy as Bob now. :w00t: