Windows 10 for 20 quid

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Windows 10 for 20 quid

Post by Nellyboy »

http://www.kinguin.net/

Seems legit to me. Not used this site myself yet.

Video review of a purchase by Paul's Hardware on uToob.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXTqz3Fd28M
Trig
GSV Spammer

Re: Windows 10 for 20 quid

Post by Trig »

Are Win7-8.1 not still pushing Win10 as a free update anyways?
Nellyboy
GSV Spammer

Post by Nellyboy »

Not sure if that offer from MS has expired yet Trig. If I had to I would give it a punt. Luckily I have 3 windows 8 64 pro retail licences I got well cheap under the educational thing.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

The freebie version of Win 10 expires the end of July'ish 2016. The advantage to buying a license in this way is for those who have a retail (boxed version) of Windows 7/8(.1) or just the OEM installation of those versions, and have followed the free upgrade path. At the end of the day, the marketing path MS are hoping on is that all those who use the freebie option will at some future point be a MS Windows 10 purchaser anyway unless they keep their system as is for the next 10 years or so. It's an interesting and innovative insurance policy for MS where their customers maintain a dependency on Windows.

For example, you've bought a retail (boxed version) Win 7 from PC World a couple of years ago and in in the last few months you went for the offer to upgrade to Win 10 for free. If for any reason you needed to reinstall Windows after the freebie period your only option would be to go back to Windows 7 or buy Win 10 at the going price.

However, if you have a product key, as is being sold at Nelly's linky, you can reinstall Win 10 as often as you like.

One thing that could scupper this marketing ploy for MS is if at some future point in the next couple of years either Android, or another Linux distro, (unlikely) or perhaps even Apple, take advantage of what could be an exposed Achilles Heel period for MS and slam-dunks Windows by pulling away customers with a better product plan/opportunity.

The next 18 months are going to be a very telling time...
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...