Ms T & C

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

MS is definitely on the moral high ground in its trust campaign looking at their new <a href="http://windows.microsoft.com/en-gb/wind ... crea=58399" target="_blank">T's & C's</a>. Must admit that I feel comfier using non-Google storage, etc, and have found it surprisingly easy to shuffle things around and adjust to it.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

I know I'm still on my first cup of coffee this morning, but sat here thinking for some time, what Marks and Spencers moral high ground could be......

:jase:
Richie
GSV Regular

Post by Richie »

Not alone there DB
Life - Its the **** that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come...
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

:rolleyes: :P

Marks 'n' Sparks... like, what do they have to do with online storage?... :D

Microsoft are pushing their online storage and email along the lines of, "We won't snoop into yer stuff like that that other nosey so-and-so..." Effectively they are playing a subtle antitrust card...

We are seeing a potential shift in, or even manipulation of, the geopolitics of the Internet. It's scenarios like this that thwarts stagnation by stimulating development. Stuff like this is to the realms of the Internet what tectonic shifts are to the earth. That's what makes it interesting... :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Claw interested to know what are your thoughts on the apple icloud ?
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

andrew wrote: Claw interested to know what are your thoughts on the apple icloud ?
Apple are known for restrictiveness and compartmentalising everything, your ideas are limited to the capabilities they can cater for. Would 5GB be enough to start out with? For those who don't care where their money goes and have the mindset of metaphorically needing a SatNav no matter where they are going, this is a good thing.

Everything not Apple will have a steeper learning curve, but the versatility and diversity that comes with the extra effort of learning is more satisfying to the majority because of the control it gives them. It's always cheaper and you get more storage.

Would you agree? :unsure:
Last edited by Claw on Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.