Amd Catalyst™ 14.3 Beta V1.0 Driver For Windows® Operating S

Need help or want to hear about latest Tech stuff? It's probably in here!

Moderator: Claw

Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

New Beta 14.3 drivers out. <a href="http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-article ... -beta.aspx" target="_blank">Here</a>

Feature Highlights of The AMD Catalyst™ 14.3 Beta V1.0 Driver for Windows®

Thief:
AMD Mantle and AMD True Audio support
Improves stuttering observed in CrossFire mode
Call of Duty: Ghosts: QUAD CrossFire profile update – improves level load times
Audio issues observed when using CrossFire configurations (and V-sync enabled) have been resolved
BattleField 4: V-sync issues observed on CrossFire configurations (with Mantle enabled) have been resolved

Known Issues

Intermittent driver stability issues when installing/un-installing on Desktop Kaveri platforms that support AMD Enduro technology under Windows 8.1. Please disable Enduro support to resolve the issue
Secondary GPUs do not enter low power state on CrossFire configurations; this issue will be addressed in the next AMD Catalyst beta release
Thief (DirectX): Lighting flickers on CrossFire configurations only after CrossFire has been enabled then disabled; this issue will be addressed in the next AMD Catalyst beta release
Battlefield 4 (DirectX): Quad CrossFire configurations with Eyefinity Display configurations suffer slowdowns and stability issues
Titanfall: Flickering occurs under AMD CrossFire configurations
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Still beta's, last stable version was last year, what are they playing at?
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Trig wrote: Still beta's, last stable version was last year, what are they playing at?
MANTLE!

That's what the latest beta 14 are about.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

So they are putting all of thier eggs into the Mantle basket, given the recent DX announcement I think that they'll be wasting time on that now and should be looking at other things, Mantle at the end of the year I dont think is going to do them any good...
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Trig wrote: So they are putting all of thier eggs into the Mantle basket, given the recent DX announcement I think that they'll be wasting time on that now and should be looking at other things, Mantle at the end of the year I dont think is going to do them any good...
Mantle supports GCN (7970 and above) how many of these are in the market now? Mantle is giving my 7990 a boost now in BF4.
What will I need for the next DX a new GFX card and Windows 9? Microsoft have been lazy with DX. AMD have gave them the kick up the arse they needed.
Mantle is this years big thing from AMD if you have the hardware and software that support it. The next DX may be the next big thing but that means new hardware and a new OS i think.

Like 99% of computers users I'm trying to make my system last as long as possible, Mantle is helping even though it's still in development.

I believe MS & AMD are working together on the next DX. When is the release date?
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I have no doubt AMD have kicked MS up the arse on this one, but to still be dropping beta drivers, we're in the back end of march and have had no stable drivers this year..
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

13.12 WHQL are fine for non Mantle users.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

The <a href="http://blogs.msdn.com/b/directx/" target="_blank">DirectX Developer Blog</a> has the official announcement from Microsoft about plans for DirectX 12, saying the next iteration of their gaming API will bring significant performance improvements when it's released in the holidays of 2015:

DirectX 12 introduces the next version of Direct3D, the graphics API at the heart of DirectX. Direct3D is one of the most critical pieces of a game or game engine, and we’ve redesigned it to be faster and more efficient than ever before. Direct3D 12 enables richer scenes, more objects, and full utilization of modern GPU hardware. And it isn’t just for high-end gaming PCs either – Direct3D 12 works across all the Microsoft devices you care about. From phones and tablets, to laptops and desktops, and, of course, Xbox One, Direct3D 12 is the API you’ve been waiting for.

What makes Direct3D 12 better? First and foremost, it provides a lower level of hardware abstraction than ever before, allowing games to significantly improve multithread scaling and CPU utilization. In addition, games will benefit from reduced GPU overhead via features such as descriptor tables and concise pipeline state objects. And that’s not all – Direct3D 12 also introduces a set of new rendering pipeline features that will dramatically improve the efficiency of algorithms such as order-independent transparency, collision detection, and geometry culling.