Steve Irwin Dead

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->CROCODILE Hunter Steve Irwin has been killed during a diving expedition.

The Australian television personality died after he was injured in the chest by a stingray barb.

Irwin, 44, collapsed after being stung at Batt Reef, near Low Isle near the resort town of Port Douglas, about 1,260 miles north of Brisbane, the capital of Queensland state, state police said in a statement.

A rescue helicopter rushed to the scene when members of Irwin’s crew raised the alarm, but Irwin had died, the statement said.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

:blink:
Richie
GSV Regular

Post by Richie »

Only a matter of time TBQFH....

[steve irwin voice]

This snake's a beauty... Its so poisonous that if I get bitten by it I have 3 seconds to get the antidote or I die.... So lets put my face 3 inches from the ****** and see if we can get it a bit maaaad

[/steve irwin voice]

:huh:
Life - Its the **** that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come...
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

Real shame he's died, but sorta gotta agree with data, he did do some rather mad things in the name of the environment :wacko:
Jase
GSV Regular

Post by Jase »

The guy was bonkers and IMO great to watch. When I saw the headline I expected him to have been eaten by a croc or swallowed by a snake!!! Gotta be fairly ironic that it was just a stingray barb straight intot he heart that got him :(
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

A sad loss to the world really.

He was a great guy who did loads for conservation and tried to educate people. My daughter and I like watching his Croc Hunter series on the TV.

What's more touching is that he leaves a young family and wife behind.

Thanks Steve and R.I.P.

<a href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p ... 311298.stm" target="_blank">BBC Story</a>
Last edited by Hammer on Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcmav
GSV Regular

Post by mcmav »

Ok its poor taste but its hardlyt surprising he got ended by an animal

Apparently the programme he was filming was called "Oceans Deadliest"

Certainly proved to be.

Feel sorry for the wife and kids though.
Myocardial Infarction
GSV Regular

Post by Myocardial Infarction »

lol always love sick humour
Eagle
The Eagle Has Landed

Post by Eagle »

It has been said that the Australian Government were warning him to wear more suncream to protect him from harmful rays.

Sad though for the rest of his family
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

guess it's the way he'd like to have gone.
wouldn't be the same if he'd been hit by a bus....

sadly missed here. Kids loved his progs, so did I, all for my sitting here and calling him a nutter...
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Turts
GSV Regular

Post by Turts »

Thunderbirds was apparently another of his favourite progs.... Stingray was obviously closest to his heart !

Great bloke... terrible shame at that age... :(
ryanside
Advanced Member

Post by ryanside »

A legend, have always nejoyed watching. Even have his "Most dangerous adventures" on DVD.

Will certainly be missed

RIP steve
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Only two people in Australian history have ever been "attacked" by these Rays. He probably felt very safe swimming above it - as any snorkeler would.

Reports are saying that it wasn't the venom that would have killed him but simply the damage caused by the barbs on the Ray's tail to his heart.

I honestly believe he was a professional who knew what he was doing and this was the freakest of accidents. Sadly, accidents are what accidents are...

Like others have said, it pains me to think how his family are feeling right now. He was a real family man who will be really missed by them.
Last edited by Claw on Tue Sep 05, 2006 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Stocky
Advanced Member

Post by Stocky »

I think Bob has designs on becoming the next Steve Irwin, looks like he's getting a feel of what it's all about :P

[attachmentid=16]
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

:D

only land creatures there, though I did have the marine expansion for zoo tycoon 1