The Rona

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Trig
GSV Spammer

The Rona

Post by Trig »

So, where is everyone these days, at home, still in the office, stranded somewhere?

Get the feeling a hell of a lot of box sets will be consumed and games played..

I'm trying to get IL2 configured again and playing a bit of CoD_WarZone...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Re: The Rona

Post by Dangerous Bob »

At home I'm playing a bit of Kerbal Space Program, but still have to go to work.
Luckily most people are staying home, however this good weather is tempting the muppets out to the coast, where they meet me.

Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I'm now furloughed, working in motorsport sucks right now..
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

im still working

in a company that pretty much disregards health and safety laws as they see fit.
A lot of machines 50 years old have only just had safety guards fitted, only 2 years ago started obeying noise at work regs
(mostly because i claimed against them)

i think im pretty fucked as far as catching covid goes, absolutely no chance of staying 6 feet apart.
A very few face masks have been handed out, dont fit well, no hand sanitizer in site, fumes are so bad i wouldn't know
if my sore throat was normal or covid.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Want me to send my H&S buddy down?
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

not just yet, on the cards though.

hope you feel guilty about the knife kills you had on me,
couldnt hear you behind because i was at the very first stages of noise induced hearing loss although i had no idea at the time.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Pretty sure that's you reaching tbh chap..

Very good friend of mine is a H&S guy tho if you want me to put you in touch, even if its just to give you a bit of advice etc..
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

Trig wrote:Pretty sure that's you reaching tbh chap..

lol, no nihl is a very slow and long process and truly had no idea how bad my hearing had become until my first test.

just to give you a quick idea, the last 3 or 4 bands of a graphic equalizer do nothing at all :eek:

consultant told me i should have had hearing aids at least 5 years before i got them so yeh, ya guilty of abusing my piss poor hearing :P :P :P
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

If you're working in a loud environment then hearing tests should be yearly, do you not get any sort of hearing protection?
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

yup, should have been given ppe, should had annual hearing tests, should have had ppe that fitted properly ect

we were told the noise levels were within limits and they stuck to that for DECADES, their sound meter was "faulty" or tampered with, take your pick.

now we have the correct ppe and annual hearing tests.

Bastards nearly got away with it, unfortunately for them i had done nothing in my personal life or had medical history to cause the hearing loss
i now have.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Sounds like huge negligence on their part, you planning on retiring when you take them to the cleaners?
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

the law is set up in such a way that the compensation i did get although was better than a lot people get for it
does not take into account their neglect, only my pain and suffering from it. Discrimination cases get FAR more.
Lawyers did the best all round, cost on my side were over 20k, defense costs must have been similar, many times the compo paid out.
Would have been cheaper to pay up on a admission basis.

as your working in motorsport, surprised your not playing motor sport games m8.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Nah, never really been into driving games, our competition is all over the e-games stuff, but rumour has it as everything has closed down, they are really struggling as they do a lot of events, they might ditch the motorsport side of things, the boss has joked about wanting the bi boss there to give him his bank details so he can buy them, which is funny as their boss has tried to buy us a few times...
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

hope your keeping your mind occupied with something good, misus has been a bit cage mad today and she's also still working.
it was our first day of lock down today, wouldn't have done that much really as its been cold and windy, just the fact you cant come and go
as you please now i guess.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Been decorating, moving shit about, paining, walking the dog, getting into trouble for having an opinion, you know, the normal stuff lol