Best Beer

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Claw
GSV Spammer

Best Beer

Post by Claw »

Sat here enjoying a fine bottle of Newcastle Brown... not chilled, but definitely not warm. I've tried local Ales from all over the place, and there have been some amazing concoctions, but I never remember their names.

Never been a fan of Lager, but it makes a great Snakebite. Not had one of them in donkey's years, and I've heard you can't buy them in a pub nowadays.

Hmmm... Beer.... :wub:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Re: Best Beer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Never thought I'd see Newqie brown named in a thread labelled Best Beer...

If we're talking bottled beers that travel weel and are available round the country, you could try Bombadier or Spitfire.
I quite like Hobgoblin or Speckled hen, but they're a bit too strong for a session.

Otherwise I go for something local. Real beer doesn't generally travel well. Shake it up too much in a tanker and it changes too much.
Beer has to be brewed and kept with care, and then drunk with due respect to the effort and pride the brewer has put into it.

Mmmmmm beer.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I've always thought Newcastle Brown was a highly regarded beverage among the Tipplers of fine Taste? :unsure:

Of those you've mentioned, I think I recognise all but one. I don't think I've ever tried Spitfire, but that said, my taste buds have a far better memory... which means I do need to be reminded often. :naughty:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Last time I went out for a meal, nic was definately driving home as I supped a lot of ringwood fortyniner, I then found it in morrisons.... just as nice outta a bottle.

Durham Brewery is just up the road from my base, so every now and then I pop past and buy some ale, they do fantastic minikegs :D
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Ahh.Ringwood brewery is just down the road from me, so I get to drinks lots.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

andrew wrote:Last time I went out for a meal, nic was definately driving home as I supped a lot of ringwood fortyniner, I then found it in morrisons.... just as nice outta a bottle
Ringwood Fortyniner... not had that yet, not that I can remember anyway. Morrison's? I'm gonna have to get dressed up to go there though... that's where posh old folk shop... :whis: ;)