Archer

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

This guy is absolutely amazing.... I haven't done any archery in decades, and it was more for the fun of it than skill, but this guy is unbelievable... Byron Ferguson... When a friend told me about this clip, which I'm told was originally on Sky, I was expecting to see a Compound Bow, etc, but nope...

Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Wow... :blink: Definitely impressive, but I dunno if his achievement is better than Byron's. Samurai guy can see the angle of the pistol and the movement of the finger pulling the trigger. He is also meeting the object fired, and his sword's length can cover the entire latitude of the range at which the pellet or bead is travelling along. It's amazing that he can react quickly enough to meet it though, considering the time he has to pull out his sword and choose the correct height. :blink:

In my opinion, and an opinion that is totally unskilled in these areas, the Archer, he's firing an arrow with a tip that is smaller than any of the objects he is aiming to hit. He has to assess the velocity and trajectory of the object he's aiming at, and then calculate the trajectory at which he will need to release the arrow to be sure it will meet the Tennis Ball or Aspirin in mid air. There just seems to be more going on in the mind and reaction of the Archer than the Samurai. But I know this for sure that I would not be able to do what they can do. :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...