Litecoin Mining?

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Trig
GSV Spammer

Re: Litecoin Mining?

Post by Trig »

As a bump to a really old thread, LTC passed the $200 mark today....
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Time to swap from BTC before the bubble bursts? I've only got $200 worth at todays price.

Think I cashed out any spare litecoin I had.
Not been mining for ages, family objected to the noise the PC was making.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I lost a lot of my coin when Cryptsy went, after that I was on multipool shuffling it away into BTC-e, which also then went under.
BTC-e is back as wex.nz though and they've given people their "balance" in tokens so I'm sat on ~$500 worth of tokens which if they buy tokens back at 1:1 is ~$800, at the mo having been mining for 2 months on Nicehash, which also went under, fortunately a few days after a payout so only lost about $20, theres a guy over on OcUK that has setup a miningpool so over on there at the mo making about $6 a day...

Only got back into it when we were sent a test rig for work with no instructions and had broken in transit, fixed it back up and have the GTX1080Ti chugging away in the corner of my office, which is nice with temps as they are lol...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

If you have $200 in BTC I'd get rid, then either go for some new coin like ETN adn buy what you can, then just trade on that, or wait till Feb time and buy BTC again, presuming it does its normal early year crash..
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

trading on bitstamp at the moment, while they do trade LTC and ETH amongst others I'd have to go elsewhere for ETN.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I've got $800 in tokens on wex.nz have started using cryptopia.co.nz for random alts though, depending on where the OcUK mining pool goes I might drop back on to multipool..
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Long term bump, I see from this thread I'v been on pretty much every exchange that's failed, multipools gone, cryptopia went, Nicehash got hacked, although I am back on there now on my 3060Ti, who would have thought when we started this that BTC would have hit over £40k a coin..

Imagine which beach we could all be on by now if we kept everything we mined back in the days this thread started...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

yup,

}im doing some geo mining at the moment, XYO network stuff. Kinda fun, but a pain to move around. It all ends up in Bitatamp as BTC once I've tossed it around, but taken me 3 months to get £75 worth. Cost me about that much in XYO membership fees though
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I've just stuck my 3060Ti into a mates machine and got a 3080, that's faster out of the box than the Ti was tweaked, once I get back it'll be faster still as I'm changing the thermal pads and tweaking the clocks...
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Thankfully i remembered about my LTC and got it out of the place it had been sitting for years. Converted it to BTC and lets just say, I can easily buy you all a glass of water at the local cafe with my portfolio :D
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Posh flavoured water at least right?
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

pfft! Trig, we've all seen you, you aint getting no posh water in that tracksuit! :lol:
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Richie uses it all to make the tea..