Litecoin Mining?

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I've got 2, one for LTC one for BTC, both are empty tho as all coins are in btc-e at the mo.
Mine to multipool, move from there to Cryptsy, convert altcoins to btc/ltc then move to btc-e where I can trade up and down.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Don't take what I link to as authoritive, but it's something worth noting, or pondering. Maybe as we gain some experience with the system we will realise for ourselves exactly if or where there are pitfalls. It's best to see both sides of the coin... :whis:

I did a search and comparison to find out if the *coin systems were a similar or renamed marketing strategy to something already out there, and I found <a href="http://www.reddit.com/r/technology/comm ... _litecoin/" target="_blank">this thread</a>.

I read recently that Japan has ditched Bitcoin from their market. I wonder if it may be a little late in the day to really benefit from this scheme. For example, imagine if you caught this system early on, hoarded a quantity of coins without starving the market, and then broadcast that 'there's gold in them thar hills'... in a short time, due to market interest, demand and thus value increases allowing you to identify a peak to sell at. This helps you but reduces realterm benefits to late starters. If there is nothing to lose from the scheme then it may be worth experimenting with, but if there is then maybe the old adage applies 'If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is'...

I'll be giving it a go, but keeping an eye on which way the wind is blowing Marketwise.
Last edited by Claw on Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Theres a lot of fud out there, worse place is generally the actual coin markets themselves, people trying to make people panic buy/sell, I'm not expecting to make a shit laod off of it but enough to pay for the two 270x's I've got would be nice, as it stands its just me and compo mining, I have 2 rigs so does he, I run 24/7 he runabout about 6/7..
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

I will try to get mine up and running to when I figure it out..
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

If you want I can upload what you need and set you up as a worker on my account.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

stick it in a DC folder, I'll grab it from there.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Folder called requests.
theres a bob.bat in there.
Will run stock everything to test it, then you can tweak the config to increase intensity and to specific hardware.
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Cheers Trig, will grab it in a couple of days once new year madness has died down...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Bloody hell Trig, All I have to do is run the bat file?

Can I run the same file on other PC's?
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Yes you can, it needs tweaking per machine tho tbh, depends on GPU power, NVidia/ATi etc..
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

Right it's been going all night...... Have earnt myself enough for a new bike yet?.... ;)
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Fire a screen shot up, will be able to see what you are averaging..
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

looks like it's only doing 17-20Kh/s at the mo....

that daft, should be up in the hundreds... according to that comparison link..

will figure out what all the other readings mean in a bit...
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

You are only running intensity 8 by default chap thats why.
What card is it and are you using the machine while mining or just leaving it on to mine overnight when not being used?
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

it'll be on mainly at night and when I'm at work, so only DEC etc running on it.

It's a sapphire 5850, (think I bought it off you)
It's modestly oc'd to 775/1125.

Played a little with the Intensity, runs quite smoothly at 15, and staggers a bit at 20, but the temps only get to 70 so can't be too bad.

setting I to 17 makes the desktop just about unworkable, but as you can see I'm up to 320 kh/s.
temps are low to mid 70's, Fan is still on auto and only running at 60%, so could run that up at full and bring the temps down.
I at 15 is about 290 kh/s and I can still work normally, though Dayz is obviously out.

Any other settings I need to tweak?
Last edited by Dangerous Bob on Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.