Paypal

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Hi there,

Has anyone got any experience of the 'resolution centre' with paypal ?

I have a complaint lodged for not recieving goods OR any form of contact after 23 days of me promptly sending funds....... Just trying to guage my chances before I get amex on the job ?

Thanks andrew
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

they usually find in favour of the buyer.

Even if they have used fraudulent means of paying through paypal, paypal will try and get the money they lost back from the seller, usually just take it out your paypal account, if its empty they will badger you to death or least attempt too, then they sell the alleged debt to to a collection agency that will try the same stunt, end result is either pay up have your paypal account locked forever (I chose the second option)
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

I'm hoping you're correct, however I read something when submitting that said this kind of dispute if unclear will favour for the seller.
Should be pretty straight forward as they never reply, so are either on a long holiday or in hospital or have a good excuse (real life sometimes takes over i'm well aware).
Amex have said they will get it back, but will take a long time and have advised to exhaust the paypal route first.
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Well I had to wait, but I got a full refund, with no issues other than time elapsing :) . Alls well ends ok.
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

Good, nothing worse than getting mugged off.

I still hate paypal though