Sugru

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Anyone else heard of this, or used it? This is one of those inventions that make you wonder why it wasn't invented long ago. It's called <a href="https://sugru.com/" target="_blank">Sugru</a>
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

It's a version of blutack surely?
Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Yer I kinda had that thought but it seems it might actually be quite niffty. Silicone based so its bouncy and yet acts as an adhesive. Harder to pull off like bluetack but still peel off-able :)
I like the story of the teacher getting his kids to make a camera project that would take a pic from outer space. I thought it was just a classroom mock up but they actually strapped a helium balloon to the camera and sent it up. I believe the camera was protected by the Sugru. HOW COOL is that!!! wish i had cool teachers like that when i was 12 :)

I might try this stuff out :)
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Dangerous Bob wrote: It's a version of blutack surely?
Nope, it's definitely not a version of Blutack. I've watched other videos of this stuff being used and it is quite robust. It has a high tolerance for heat and good flexion. Considering it needs about 24 hours to fully set, shows it has very different properties to Blutack. You'll notice they use a sharp Stanley knife to begin the removal process, which is great for stuff you want to temporarily give a bit more protection than normal. But, as demonstrated, it's great for long term use too.

This is a blokes just-in-case tool for those you-never-know situations. :)
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Dangerous Bob
GSV Spammer

Post by Dangerous Bob »

I love 'Just in case' tools....

Especially power ones.....