Rant...

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Doesn't it make you feel good when you realise <a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-19346468" target="_blank">how well spent</a> your taxes are... eh?
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Richie
GSV Regular

Post by Richie »

Don't see the problem. Young guy, unwinding before going back on tour with the Army. At least he works for a living unlike a lot of others that choose not to work and do far worse i.e. illegal crap.

Mountain, meet molehill IMHO.
Life - Its the **** that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come...
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

I find most military types that are the right sort of military types will always wind down in the most interesting of manors...
Vomit
Advanced Member

Post by Vomit »

the lad was just having some fun, no problem with that but he should choose his friends more carefully.
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

A fuss over nothing. What has he done wrong? Nothing in my opinion.
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

I know many are bleeting that, "he's having fun", but looking on the ethical side of things... Firstly you paid for that party in which he could wander into wherever and invite a bunch of girls to the VIP room that you are paying for, in Las Vegas. Secondly, the guy's an idiot, as an ambassador and dignitary in a foreign country in which he was a representative for Britain recently, and then invites 'jo-public' into his bedroom to show them... well, everything any British lager lout can show. Thirdly, he's not a soldier... he wears a green uniform camouflaged by a huge ball of cotton wool.

But, as is said, that's just my opinion... and maybe I'm havin' a grumpy day... :huh:
Just be a nutter... life becomes much more exciting, and people won't expect anything more of you...
Clingy
GSV Regular

Post by Clingy »

Understand what you say Claw. My first reaction was, "so what...a lad with naked women in his room? Shock horror". Second reaction was, "hey that's our money".

To be honest I think they are all a waste of money...the whole monachy, I'd scrap the lot, but if we have to have them then we must expect that their normal characters will surface now and again before they go back to being a tourist attraction. The old DoE has traditionally provided the "entertainment", so I guess Harry is taking up the baton now

As you say Claw....just my views....and every day is a grumpy day when you get to my age :2t:
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Part of me sits in the camp of sod it i'd do it if I was him (read: young, daft) and the other part that leaves a bad taste in my mouth is the fact its our brass he's using and he should be representing us better. Let's not forget we might have seen a few daft moments in the paper from the likes of Harry, but the rest of the ******'s are creaming it on a daily basis and no one gives a hoot about that......
Claw
GSV Spammer

Post by Claw »

Clingy wrote:The old DoE has traditionally provided the "entertainment", so I guess Harry is taking up the baton now
This is so true, I had forgotten this... and there are all the antics of past Royals. Fergie's escapades with that American bloke, Diana's thing at the Taj Mahal, Randy Andy, and all the rest... I guess the world knows the British Royal family quite well already...

As you said, some <a href="http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/05 ... ide=985995" target="_blank">gems from PP...</a>

But, still far too much money is thrown at them for what they do. If, for example, the prime minister had got up to these antics he would have been removed by his party, or just not voted for next time around. There is a code of ethics that are expected from public servants... but, I suppose that while we are not citizens, but subjects of the Royal family, they can do whatever they want... regardless of what we think...