Paypal

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Class--
GSV Regular

Post by Class-- »

Hi Folks.
Ive been fixing a friends pc as he burned his motherboard out which meant I obviously had to play a couple of hours of CS:beta to see if it was stable after the fix. It turned out it is :2t: This in turn made me realise how much I still enjoy playing CS which made me think about finally gettin a new rig together and this is what has brought us finally to my question :D
Whats what with Paypal? Ive only ever bought stuff with it never sold stuff and i will need to sell my crap to fund a new rig. Am I right in saying that if someone pays me normally through paypal (say its a £10 item) then they pay £10 but I only get a percentage of that, say 95% (as i dont know the exact rates) meaning my account would show £9.50? BUT if they paid with the gift option then their account would be minus £10.50 and my account plus £10?
OR...
Does the 5% (again just for simplicity as I dont know the actual rate atm) only get taken out of my account if I take the money out of my paypal account and into my bank account?

The reason being I want to sell my stuff using paypal and then just buy from the online stores straight from the paypal account.

Reading <a href="index.php?showtopic=4196&hl=" target="_blank">this post</a> really makes me want to do it even more :)

Thanks for any input folks

Class--
Trig
GSV Spammer

Post by Trig »

Depends how they pay you, either you can pay the fee or they can pay the fee, if the cost is under a certain amount and is a transfer from a PayPal account to a PayPal account and not a transfer from a bank there isnt a fee at all..

That's pretty much how it goes but I'm sure it'll tell you the exact figures etc on the PayPal website..