If I'n Not Online

Life, the Universe and Everything!

Moderator: Dangerous Bob

Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Well Cumbria got hammered again with the rain last night and parts of Carlisle (where I live is flooded). I'm not near the flooded areas but the power station is. Last time it got knocked out for 3 days. So If I'm not online you know why.

<a href="http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/storm ... rPath=home" target="_blank">Here</a> is the latest report from our local with some photos. If you look at the picture with the camper van in it, the river Caldew has burst it's banks and closed the Carlisle to Glasgow/Edinburgh railway. The water has crossed the railway lines to get to the car park. Right out of view at the back of that photo is Carlisle's power station. :eek:

The river Caldew merges with the river Eden about a 1/4 of a mile if that behind the same photo, and the Eden passes by the power station.
Last edited by Hammer on Sat Jun 23, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0lderama
Advanced Member

Post by 0lderama »

good ole summer weather eh
be safe mate :)
Mega
Advanced Member

Post by Mega »

Hammer wrote: Well Cumbria got hammered again with the rain last night and parts of Carlisle (where I live is flooded). I'm not near the flooded areas but the power station is. Last time it got knocked out for 3 days. So If I'm not online you know why.

<a href="http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/storm ... rPath=home" target="_blank">Here</a> is the latest report from our local with some photos. If you look at the picture with the camper van in it, the river Caldew has burst it's banks and closed the Carlisle to Glasgow/Edinburgh railway. The water has crossed the railway lines to get to the car park. Right out of view at the back of that photo is Carlisle's power station. :eek:

The river Caldew merges with the river Eden about a 1/4 of a mile if that behind the same photo, and the Eden passes by the power station.

I see your back garden is a bit flooded :2t:
Last edited by Mega on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
velvet
Advanced Member

Post by velvet »

aww take care Hammer . Put your pc in the loft
keep it safe
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

Well the water levels are dropping. So I survived to fight another day. Panic over for this week. :hb:
velvet
Advanced Member

Post by velvet »

:lol: yay awesome glad you where on my team for a change
Hammer
GSV Spammer

Post by Hammer »

sweep wrote: :lol: yay awesome glad you where on my team for a change
Thanks & no problem. I'll cover your rear any day of the week. It'll be my pleasure. :th:
velvet
Advanced Member

Post by velvet »

:hb: thnx Hammer , just wish my mind would stop asking what with though :P
andrew
GSV Regular

Post by andrew »

Well looks like we're due another bad 36-48 hours worth of rain fall, according the local radio the north east is due 60-100+mm...
Last edited by andrew on Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.